Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
Bokkie
Enthusiast
Bokkie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
PRS-505 fonts.

My 505 lets me change the size of the fonts, S, M, L, but does it have any other fonts I can use? I've been through all the screens I can think of but there's nothing I can see to hand that lets me select a more readable font. Are there any others and where do I find them?

Thanks.
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are three fonts built in - Courier (monospaced), Swiss (sans-serif, proportional) and Dutch (serif, proportional). These are what most books use, although a book can have "embedded" fonts, at the expense of some slowdown in page turning.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 07:24 AM   #3
Bokkie
Enthusiast

Harry,

Do you know where I can change the font that's used on the screen? I have my 505 in front of me and I've searched through it again but the place where they might be changed I cannot find. Thanks for a quick reply by the way.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You mean the font used for the menus, etc? I don't believe it can be changed. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Bokkie
Enthusiast

I'd like to change the font that's used on the screen when reading a book. I don't mind the style that's used but I think there are better fonts that are crisper and perhaps better defined? Unless the fonts are fixed in the book and can't be changed?

Sorry, but I'm a complete noob to the 505.
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
See the following thread to get instructions on how to change the fonts in the 505.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28447
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
Bokkie
Enthusiast

Gulp! That's a bit advanced for my current state of 505 knowledge. I shall print it and see if I have the confidence to tackle such a project.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
The biggest decision is what font to use!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokkie View Post
Gulp! That's a bit advanced for my current state of 505 knowledge. I shall print it and see if I have the confidence to tackle such a project.
The guide is written to be as detailed as possible, and it does it's best to hand-hold you through the process. Also, if you somehow screw something up, the guide includes a surefire way of reverting any mistakes.

It was specifically written for the technically unsavvy.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote