Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
ShineOn
ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
BookDesigner v5 and regular expressions

Hi everyone, it's my first post in this forum.
I have a PRS-505 (great) and I need fix a lot of text from a BookDesigner interface.

The problem is:

I need get all paragraphs that contents 3 or more dashes. I tried bookdesigner's regular expressions but don't work...

I need something like

^*—*—*—*[\n$\r]

but is not working (I have the checkbok RegExp checked)

are the regular expressions working fine in BookDesigner????
Thank you and good day for everybody!!!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
RegEx work fine in Book Designer. I had a post here on this a while back. Just a second while I go find it.

Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...554#post105554
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
This should do what you want:

---\n{1}
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #4
ShineOn
ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thank you, but didn't work :-(
It's strange, because BD can't match with a end of line, \n , or $, or \r, etc...

example, I have just three text lines in BD:

- Hello -Good Morning -Bye -Thanks
- One Oneee
- Two -Three

If I search - BD find all dash
If I search e{3} BD match eee
If I search \s BD match nothing
If I search \sOne BD match One (not match Oneee)
If i search \n BD match nothing
If i search Three\n BD match nothing
Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
So, perhaps you could edit the book in Word (or whatever) first, then drop it into Book Designer.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've not been able to make "end of line" RegEx matching work in BD either. Most other RegEx stuff works fine, though.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Maybe try \r\n instead of just \n.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
ShineOn

Ok thanks everyone... finally I tried the text in UltraEdit
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #9
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I want to use the regular expressions to delete page numbers in a book. I use \[Pg [0-9]*\] which works well but the footnotes links look just like the page number except they are blue. ( [12] vs [12] )Is there an easy way to tell it not to delete the footnotes using BD or Word?
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #10
ShineOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I want to use the regular expressions to delete page numbers in a book. I use \[Pg [0-9]*\] which works well but the footnotes links look just like the page number except they are blue. ( [12] vs [12] )Is there an easy way to tell it not to delete the footnotes using BD or Word?
are there many footnotes?
Maybe you can replace temporarily footnotes by others characters... [1] by [x] .... [12] by [xx]
Then, you delete all pages and finally restore footnotes.

Another way is using regular expressions directly in html file with a plane text editor. In word, you can go to "View-->html code" and work directly.
So, you can find footnotes like links (a href="xxxxxx") and Page numbers like just text and use regular expressions for filter them.

Last edited by ShineOn; 08-25-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In Word if you set the font colour to 'Auto' (but don't change anything else about the font) it finds 'black' [12] but not blue ones.

(That's the Format, and Font buttons within the Search/Replace window; setting it to Black doesn't work)

bob

Last edited by comtrjl; 08-25-2008 at 03:43 PM.
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Thanks for the suggestions above, I will give these a try. There are about 800 footnotes.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote