Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2004, 06:20 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
To good to be true: Sony Librie finally cracked!

It seems someone has finally made it. I am not talking about cracking the restrictive DRM e-books Sony is trying to sell. I am talking about converting your own e-books and reading them on the Librie. How wonderful does that sound?

Someone named 'scythic' was able to convert HG Wells' The Time Machine from text to LRF (Librie's book format without the DRM). Even better, he uploaded the Windows binary and source code for the conversion tool as well (not GPL though). There are still a few issues to be solved, such as pagination and formatting, but the core work has been done: the Sony Librie has been cracked!

Now could someone be so cool and send me a Librie to the States? I know a lot of you guys have partial feelings for a dedicated e-book hardware reader, but I'd be happy if I personally owned one

Btw, I also attached the conversion tool to this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: zip txt2lrf0.zip (30.1 KB, 1588 views)
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:22 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Available for as little as $489...
http://www.japan-direct.com/cartitem.asp?prodid=552

Who knows maybe the price will even increase soon that everyone can convert his own files to Librie format.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2004, 06:17 AM   #3
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Scythic worked some more on his LRF tool, and made a couple of improvements. Bold is supported now, as well as images not bigger than 600x800. Also the code looks a little bit cleaned up.

See attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip makelrf0.zip (36.8 KB, 1271 views)
Old 11-03-2004, 08:05 AM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

Attached you find makelrf 0.2, which adds UTF16 (Cyrillic/Japanese/etc.) and TrueType font support.
Attached Files
File Type: zip makelrf2.zip (38.3 KB, 1358 views)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:21 AM   #5
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Available for as little as $489...
http://www.japan-direct.com/cartitem.asp?prodid=552

Who knows maybe the price will even increase soon that everyone can convert his own files to Librie format.
Price went up there to currently US $513!
Advert
Old 11-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #6
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
morph Ill buy you one. Just send me the money . The price here is still roughly $450 I think. I dont know how much shipping from japan would be though. I might actually be getting one for my girlfriend soon becuase she might be moving to america with me. Since she doesnt speak english and cant read english books this would be a good way to save money rather than buying books from the amazon in japan.
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #7
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

Too bad you want me to send you money first It is a shame that the Librie is so pricy, especially for a dedicated e-book reader.

Who knows how high prices will go once it's it known to everybody that the Librie e-book format has been cracked/reverse-engineered.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:17 AM   #8
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Yea its alot of money. If you know some better way to do ill do it. I just dont know if you can get a better deal off the net. I also dont know if someone who doesnt understand japanese can use it at all. I havent really tried using it. But PM me or Mail me if you want to work something out, or if you want me to send you anything japanese related in the world of electronics
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #9
sithlord
sithlord began at the beginning.

Device: librie
guys could i trouble u for some help
i dw the the zip files but am still ignorant on how to convert a pdf file to librie format - LFR
or a txt -> to LFR ?
could u help pls
sithlord is offline   Reply With Quote