Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Just wondering.......

What are the ages of the people I see posting on this most wonderful site? I"ll start....I"m just turned 60, and for those of you who haven't reached this milestone yet, relax, it ain't all that big of a deal. I still feel in my mid forties in my head, tho my physical body reminds me constantly I'm not. Its a good age. I can look back and see how far we've come with technology, and marvel....Anyone remember the commodore 64? And now, God's little miracle......the KINDLE!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Wow, you're almost old enough to me my....older sister. I'm still 50, feel 60, look 70, and wish I was 14. Oh, well. Glad you like your Kindle and wish I had one to compare with my Sony (which I love, too). Here's a poll we took a few months ago about our ages: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21902
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
23-year-old checking in.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
64 this Sunday and I know exactly what you mean about feeling your age.

Good to have another senior citizen on the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Wow, you're almost old enough to me my....older sister. I'm still 50, feel 60, look 70, and wish I was 14. Oh, well. Glad you like your Kindle and wish I had one to compare with my Sony (which I love, too). Here's a poll we took a few months ago about our ages: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21902
But that poll is about when you started reading ebooks ... and for me that was the day the Rocket EBook first came out .... seems like a long time ago.

At the moment I am 55. In two months I will be 56. And .... if things go along as planned, I will add 1 year to that number each year until I am about 98, at which time I will be hit by a bus while attempting to jaywalk across a street to get to a book store.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just turned 51. Feel like I did in my early 40's because I also just lost 65 pounds. Yea Nutrisystems! Can't say as much that I've ever acted my age.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Just turned 51. Feel like I did in my early 40's because I also just lost 65 pounds. Yea Nutrisystems! Can't say as much that I've ever acted my age.
You're looking so young! Nice tie, by the way.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wait, vr, you're NOT 14 ????

()

i'm 33, for a few more months.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Today is hubby's 59th birthday. For the past month, we had been the same age, but he just aged up on me. Our daughter (only girl, youngest of 3 kids) took her Daddy out to supper tonight and I got to tag along -- and share the complimentary hot fudge sundae they brought him.

I can't remember a time before I was able to read. They tell me that I was reading at 3. I have had many short-lived hobbies, but recreational reading is the one thing that has stuck with me for my entire life. I tried blogging about the books that I was reading, but found that it took too much time and dedication to keep it up. I am managing to at least keep a list of the books that I complete and I'm posting them quarterly to my blog. I may actually make 4 posts to my blog this year!

Making eBooks is my newest hobby -- it may be short-lived like others, but we'll just have to see.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i'm about to turn 51, although in no way do i believe it
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:02 AM   #11
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
I'm going fast forward toward 37...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #12
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I can't remember a time before I was able to read.
I'm the same way, Elsi. I'm 34 and books have been a constant in my life. As a kid, I'd read instead of doing my chores. Mom always had trouble scolding me because she wanted me to read...although she was never exactly pleased to see the basket of wrinkled clothes I should have folded.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #13
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Looks like so far I have the record. I'm double ZP - i.e. will be 66 in a few months. My first reading experience was from a "Book-Mobile" in rural Mississippi. For those who may have never heard of a Book-Mobile, the local library bought a used school bus and added book shelves instead of seats & drove through the county checking out books. My family had a huge oak tree near the the highway where the Book-Mobile librarians liked to lunch under in its shade.

And yes desertgrandma, I remember the Commodore 64 - a very advanced computer when I was back in my 30's. Also remember running water - we ran out to the well, drew the water & ran it back inside. I did say "rural" Mississippi. Surprised to hear of Surprise, AZ. I worked in & around Phoenix during my first summer in college. Take care & good reading.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YES! The Book Mobile was my favorite thing to come down the road, except the ice cream truck, when I was a kid. BTW - Slayda, go to the lounge and see the long joke I posted about driving in B'ham.

I'm in between the 30's and 50's, but husband's and my first computer was a Commodore 64. We could make text change colors, we could figure an amortization schedule, and basically just write simple basic programs to make a line drawing of a tree drop a leaf. Stuff like that. Ours was fancy - had 2 cassette drives for lots of power!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #15
mellina 52
Enthusiast
mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505. IPAD
I'm 55 and going strong. Somedays I feel alot older.
mellina 52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness