Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
Smile help please

I have an acer a500 which i use moonreader+ to read i have installed my usb memory stick but cant seem to be able to import the books from it as it looks like it isn't seeing it. Can anyone help please
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
If you tablet supports OTG you will need a app like OTG Disk Explorer Lite to read USB flash drives as well as card readers.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH07 View Post
I have an acer a500 which i use moonreader+ to read i have installed my usb memory stick but cant seem to be able to import the books from it as it looks like it isn't seeing it. Can anyone help please
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Doesn't the Acer a500 have an Micro-SD slot? If so transfer your files onto a Micro-SD card. Unless your Acer directly supports OTG, you will need to get an OTG (On The Go) cable to plug into the Acer on one end and the USB thumb drive on the other end.

Last edited by jswinden; 01-17-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
The A500 has a full sized host usb port, but it's possible that Moon reader won't access it. Use a file manager app like ES file explorer to see if the A500 can read the usb stick. If it can, use the file manager to open an epub with moon reader. I don't believe that you can use moon reader's import function with a usb stick (the import function doesn't copy a book into the main storage area, it just adds it location and data to a database), so if you want to keep the books on the usb stick, you'll have to open them with the file manager. Otherwise, use the file manager to copy the books to the main storage or external sd, then use Moon reader's import function.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
Thank you all
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert