Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kindle4, Nexus 7 Tablet
Unhappy Any ereader app that syncs with dropbox?

Prior to the latest Aldiko update I was able to sync my libraries between my laptop and android devices. As Aldiko sync is no longer allowed access to the app, is there any other app that allows this functionality without rooting my Nexus 7?
unifaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I rolled back to version 2.1 but then I don't have a Nexus so there was no real difference that I could perceive in the newer version... Moon Reader + has built in sync via dropbox; I have it but don't use it much as I don't like it as much as Aldiko.
Quote from Market:
•Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kindle4, Nexus 7 Tablet
The only apk available for me was the 2.2 - was wondering if that was the best solution to go to 2.1. I have the premium version, would it be void if I installed 2.1?
unifaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifaerie View Post
The only apk available for me was the 2.2 - was wondering if that was the best solution to go to 2.1. I have the premium version, would it be void if I installed 2.1?
I got it from Aptoide (alt market), it's the premium version. But I also had the regular Aldiko reader (2. 1) on my tablet at the same time as 2.2 premium and could use either one...the premium will stay in your Play Market account if you uninstall and then want to re-install later.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I rolled back to version 2.1 but then I don't have a Nexus so there was no real difference that I could perceive in the newer version... Moon Reader + has built in sync via dropbox; I have it but don't use it much as I don't like it as much as Aldiko.
Quote from Market:
•Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
Yes that works on Moon but it's a manual process. That is the current way I sync my readers, it's a pain.

Mantano has a cloud sync feature, but it uses their own cloud. I haven't used it because I prefer Moon but the recent updates to Montano have closed the gap, I might just try the synchronization feature.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post

Mantano has a cloud sync feature, but it uses their own cloud. I haven't used it because I prefer Moon but the recent updates to Montano have closed the gap, I might just try the synchronization feature.
The downside is it costs extra to use the Mantano syncing feature (not much though)

I moved from Aldiko to Mantano and it is fantastic, sync is automatic and Mantano is a nice looking app

I did only have the aldiko free version, so have not seen how the tablet optimised new version works
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard

Mantano cloud costs $10 a year for 1 gb/1000 books, 2000 annotations, 4 devices. Larger capacity etc. costs more.
The newer versions of Aldiko look great on a tablet and dropbox is still free... This new issue of Aldiko Sync no longer working with latest version of Aldiko Premium (unless rooted) is not cool at all!
The free version of Aldiko 2.1 looks pretty much the same as the Premium version except for some updates in the settings.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 08-31-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
This new issue of Aldiko Sync no longer working with latest version of Aldiko Premium (unless rooted) is not cool at all!
I know rooting is easy (so i have heard), but the above is why I moved to another app, I didnt want to root my device just to get an app to sync
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Yes that works on Moon but it's a manual process. That is the current way I sync my readers, it's a pain.
Not sure I understand your manual comment. I'm using Moon+ across my tablet and phone and once I setup the accounts the sync process is completely automatic. When I pick up the different device it alerts me that there is a new synced location and then I can accept the change and I'm now at the location where I last finished reading on my other device. Works great for me.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Too bad I didn't realize they charged it's a good feature but not sure I want to pay for it. I was found they would offer this feature for free to those that bought the premium app. I've paid $7 for this app and have no use for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Not sure I understand your manual comment. I'm using Moon+ across my tablet and phone and once I setup the accounts the sync process is completely automatic. When I pick up the different device it alerts me that there is a new synced location and then I can accept the change and I'm now at the location where I last finished reading on my other device. Works great for me.
I was referring to the backup/restore feature. What you are referring to is the sync last page.

BTW I have never gotten the sync feature to work. Not sure why it never worked for more.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #11
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I just posted this in the eDGe forum.. It *might* be of some interest for this problem - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190541
helf is offline   Reply With Quote