Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
Iliad Certification and more direct info?

Having followed this thread for some time - there are clearly some very talented developers porting and developing some really interesting stuff to the Illiad. Some of the developments are in various stages of readyness - some are complete and working.

An issue I see is that all of this good stuff is available to the dedicated enthusiast (people who read this forum for instance) but not for the average consumer of the device ... who would also benefit from many of the developments.

Is there a method by which iRex could adopt/certify/generally help their own cause by actively embracing some of the developments through a formal (and also informal) certification or recommendation program? I'm thinking here of the Apple website for instance which lists popular downloads, including open source and community generated software ... to help their own customers ...

It sounds like a simplistic idea , and I appreciate that iRex would have to divert a little resource to marshal this sort of thing ... but wouldn't it benefit everyone?

On a similar note (a simple sounding idea) ... as (this is) a high interest site for Iliad owners, with great editorial and community content ... could this site persuade the iRex management to hold an interview webinar? ... Book a date - ask for questions - editorial staff ask for questions to be posted ahead of time and select etc - it would show some great commitment to the community from iRex and would be a really interesting draw for this site if you could pull it off ...?!
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Well, they do mention Mobileread and the app ports in their own forum, but it would be nice if there were an easier way to download and install them, e.g. through IDS.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
iRex has stated that in the future, they will offer ipkg support through the contentlister. This will allow all users to install pre-packaged apps on their iLiad's.

Now that unbricking is coming to life, I assume that'll be bumped up the to-do list once they finish the end-user unbricker.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote