Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #46
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
New York City - Sony 505 Reader

Preferably somewhere around Union Square/Flatiron/Chelsea/Gramercy in Manhattan, but subway trips are a possibility. Let me know!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #47
vtstarin
vtstarin is on a distinguished road

Device: BEBOOK
Adelaide, south Australia

I can show my bebook(aka hanlin, lbook)..pm me for details. thanks
vtstarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #48
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Sony PRS-505 in Athens, Georgia

If you happen to see a woman reading a dark blue 505 in a restaurant in Athens, it's probably me. Come on over and chat.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #49
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Palm TX, ASUS EEE 701

Huntsville, AL (USA)
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #50
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Cybook Gen 3

Sweden ,
Gothenburg

Monday to Friday after 17:00
Saturday and Sunday after 10:00
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:54 AM   #51
Toshanda
Toshanda doesn't litterToshanda doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680
I would love to see and compare Sony 505 and iLiad...
Calgary, Alberta
Toshanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #52
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
a request !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshanda View Post
I would love to see and compare Sony 505 and iLiad...
Calgary, Alberta
hey !! i'm really thrilled to see the attention this thread is getting, and now i'm even more excited because here is (i think) the first request !!!

okay ! so !!

anybody live in / near

Calgary, Alberta (Canada) ??

i know, canada is big, but we do seem to have quite a few canadian members, eh ? let's hope they're not all from Toronto. (or Prince Edward Island, for that matter !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #53
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Isn't the whole thing based in Canada?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #54
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Isn't the whole thing based in Canada?
well, the servers are in canada. the rest of us are, you know, sort of dispersed throughout the world.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #55
Toshanda
Toshanda doesn't litterToshanda doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey !! i'm really thrilled to see the attention this thread is getting, and now i'm even more excited because here is (i think) the first request !!!

okay ! so !!

anybody live in / near

Calgary, Alberta (Canada) ??

me me me!!!
Toshanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #56
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshanda View Post
me me me!!!
yay !!! now, the million dollar question, do you have a sony 505 and / or an iliad ?? (because sadly, mere domiciliation in this case is not sufficient. sorry. but whatever your answer, let me assure you that we do profoundly appreciate your enthusiasm)
Old 08-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #57
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Springfield, Missouri, USA

I'm in Springfield, MO, and I have an iPod Touch and a Nokia 770 I could show off. I wouldn't mind at all seeing a Kindle.

Incidentally, FYI, Amazon has set up its own forum for people who would like to see Kindles in person in their area. I wrote about it here:

http://www.teleread.org/blog/2008/08...word-of-mouth/
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I'm in Springfield, MO, and I have an iPod Touch and a Nokia 770 I could show off. I wouldn't mind at all seeing a Kindle.
thanks for participating ! it's great to see how enthusiastic people are. ebooks need to raise their profile and the best way is for us to spread the word.

Quote:
Incidentally, FYI, Amazon has set up its own forum for people who would like to see Kindles in person in their area. I wrote about it here:

http://www.teleread.org/blog/2008/08...word-of-mouth/
pssst : we know ! that's sort of where we got the idea.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #59
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
We have a fedora smilie now?

Cool!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We have a fedora smilie now?

Cool!
who loves ya, baby ?

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show