Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
yunti
Enthusiast
yunti began at the beginning.

Device: None
Anyway to see an iRex Digital Reader?

I'm based in london and looking to purchase one of the digital readers from IRex is there anywhere which has these on sale so I can have a look at one (or any other way to see one?)

Thanks
yunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Borders on Oxford St had one last time I went there
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 04:18 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Borders do not sell the DR. They sell the iLiad eBook Edition.

yunti - your best bet is probably to ask here if anyone in London has one, and would mind showing it to you. I'm sure that most people would be happy to meet you if you bought them a coffee, or something like that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Bokkie
Enthusiast
Bokkie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I also saw one in Borders on Charing Cross Road about two weeks ago.
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:28 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bokkie - you saw a DR1000? You are 100% certain that it was a DR1000 and not an iLiad?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #6
yunti
Enthusiast
yunti began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Bokkie - you saw a DR1000? You are 100% certain that it was a DR1000 and not an iLiad?
I've been into the borders in Oxford Street. They have the iliad (book version) not the DR1000.

Quote:

yunti - your best bet is probably to ask here if anyone in London has one, and would mind showing it to you. I'm sure that most people would be happy to meet you if you bought them a coffee, or something like that.
Thanks, I'll post in the meet and view thread.
yunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #7
Bokkie
Enthusiast
Bokkie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Harry,

My apologies for the misunderstanding. Yes, it was the iLiad.

I wish it was the DR1000 as I'd like to see one before buying one.
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:29 AM   #8
Senkrad_Luna
Senkrad_Luna began at the beginning.

Device: ds1000s hopeful
I went to Oxford St branch of borders and they informed me they are no longer carrying the illiad and that they expected to get in a lower cost eBook reader.

Hopefully the sales person was mistaken.
Senkrad_Luna is offline   Reply With Quote