Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Question Handling chronological order of multiple series

Hi

Need help handling keeping multiple series from an author in chronological order.

I use calibre2opds and want then to show chronologically per series page

At minute they sort on series so if i have 10 books in series numbered 1-10 that's great

My problem is authors who have books

Series 1 book 1
S1 b2
S1 b3

S2 b1
S2 b2

S3 b1
S3 b2
Etc etc that are all actually one huge series

Do I just add e.g. "Big series name - 1" "BSN - 2" etc etc to the series name or is there a better way?.
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
In calibre2opds it will only support the main Series field so your approach is probably the best way.

What you might want is to set up a custom column in Calibre of a "series" type. You can then use that to record the sub-series details.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
I've made a custom field named "subseries" in which I'm holding the second series information. E.g. "Series" is "Star Wars [0]", "SubSeries" is "Boba Fett [1]", "Boba Fett [2]" and so on.

Second I created another custom field named "DeviceTitle" (formatted as "series - subseries - title", e.g. "Star Wars - Boba Fett [1] - Booktitle"), which holds the books title displayed on the device via metadata plugboard.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 AM   #4
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
In calibre2opds it will only support the main Series field so your approach is probably the best way.

What you might want is to set up a custom column in Calibre of a "series" type. You can then use that to record the sub-series details.
Tried these but then lose ability in C2O to list other books in series on web page :-(

Each book then shows as separate series as series names all different :-(
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series, series order