Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
As the Mirror Cracks - Steve Jordan Books

I am in the middle of Steve's newest Novel As the Mirror Cracks, and already I am hooked.
Anyone else read it? The idea of the Mirror is intriguing and I find myself wishing I had one of those halos and a mirror subscription

This thread is meant to inform people of this book (which I would put in the "light sci-fi thriller" category, not sure if it exists ) as well as get a discussion going on what other readers thought of Steve's book as well as the mirror.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
It was the first of Steve's books that I read and I really enjoyed it. When I started reading it I thought, "did I just buy a comic book" but then I realized it was a character in the mirror. I've since seen the game controller headsets that are coming out that allow you to control games with your mind and it reminded me of the book.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...ntroller-brain
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ok, ya got me hooked. "Light SF thriller" --- that sounds like my speed of book. I'll go try it. Thanks!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Finished it tonight.
Steve: thank you very much for making SciFi so enjoyable for me.
As the Mirror Cracks was a helluva lot of fun to read, and not just once did I think of picking up my smartphone while I was working to continue reading. And it also happened a few times that I had to wake myself up from thinking of the story and remind myself that the mirror does not exist.
I liked it a lot. The only thing I would "complain" about is the climax, which passes rather quickly. The end could also benefit from some spicing up, but maybe I'm just used to twists and surprise changes when you thought the end-credits are coming any minute.
You can write, dude !
mores is offline   Reply With Quote