Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #286
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
Hmm... Who's the author of The Vermiform Sea Ditty Harvestors of Torvath Twelve? Sounds like my kind of book.
dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #287
jeffcdo
jeffcdo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
I'm curious how many Sleepcover owners fold the cover all the way back under the device when reading? How is the hinge holding up? I purchased one recently but it seems really stiff and I'm concerned that over time, folding it back would not be good idea.
jeffcdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #288
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcdo View Post
I'm curious how many Sleepcover owners fold the cover all the way back under the device when reading? How is the hinge holding up? I purchased one recently but it seems really stiff and I'm concerned that over time, folding it back would not be good idea.
I have sleepcovers on two Glos, an Aura HD and an Aura as well as on a Kindle Fire, PW1, PW2, and Nook HD, and I always fold all of them back when reading. If I couldn't fold them back I'd take them off. None of them show any signs of wear.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #289
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I have sleepcovers on two Glos, an Aura HD and an Aura as well as on a Kindle Fire, PW1, PW2, and Nook HD, and I always fold all of them back when reading. If I couldn't fold them back I'd take them off. None of them show any signs of wear.
I do the same, though I do find I enjoy reading for long periods with the cover off, on my Kobo(s).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #290
jeffcdo

Thank you for your responses. Wow, you two have a lot of readers!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #291
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We do, I noticed that lol. They all have their uses! Just got rid of my kindle touch. Kobo is so much better (for my needs).

I probably have a couple of tablets I don't really need, though.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #292
Akerbos
Akerbos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
My Gecko Covers sleep cover (Aura HD) folds all the way back without any trouble. The "hinge" is a strap of elastic pseudo-leather and seems to built with this use in mind. I predict the cover will survive the device.
Akerbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #293
jeffcdo

I was tempted to look into one of those Gecko sleep cover cases. I've not seen one in person, but it seems like the cover is much nicer than Kobo's case.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #294
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was tempted to look into one of those Gecko sleep cover cases. I've not seen one in person, but it seems like the cover is much nicer than Kobo's case.
They look nice, except for the price....though for that price, they are probably excellent quality.

I have a similar, form fitting case, but I find I prefer to read while it's not in any case. It's more comfortable to hold.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #295
sjfwhite
Enthusiast
sjfwhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Apple iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaine View Post
I just checked mine and the corner is also cracked BUT mine is in a room of about 20C and without temperature fluctuation; and the reader has not been outside. Unbelievable.
The same thing happened to mine and the piece actually flaked off. What a crappy design. I never did check the warranty on the case - I bought it less than a year ago.
sjfwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 AM   #296
jeffcdo

I came across this, which seems to be a leather variation of the typical Aura HD case. I'm not crazy about the brown interior or the "Mulbess" branding.

..My apologies, I notice this was mentioned earlier in the thread, I should have checked before posting this. The lack of variety in cases has been frustrating. I don't like the slippery back and thin cardboard-like cover of the official case. This one all over eBay seems cheap and plastic-y (lots of complaints about shoddy glue, you can even see a nice blemish on the purple one in this video). I don't like straps or big leather frames. The NOREVE case has a pointless hinge to operate the device (uselessly) in landscape mode as if it were a tablet.

Last edited by jeffcdo; 04-03-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #297
EndlessWaves
Zealot
EndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
The NOREVE case has a pointless hinge to operate the device (uselessly) in landscape mode as if it were a tablet.
It does apparently have a metal frame though, so it's potentially the only case that could provide more than scratch protection.

Gecko do a version of the cheapy as well, although like the Mulbess it's hard to tell whether there's actually any difference or if you're just paying twice the price for quality control.

I also had another look at gecko cases, the 'protection cover deluxe' is more interesting than I first thought, if you click on a colour then you get pictures in more detail and while it unfortunately doesn't conform to the shape of the back it seems pretty well fitted generally

I was having another look the other day and came across this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/DURAGADGET-E...756256&sr=8-38

It's just another wrap-around case with logo cut-out but I don't think this specific design has come up before.

Personally I'm tempted to go for the Skinomi carbon fibre texture skin but it's rather expensive in the UK, not helped by the fact that they're including the screen protector which seems fairly pointless on an eInk screen.
EndlessWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #298
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
So, does anyone actually own a Mulbess Sleepcover? Are they genuine leather (hence the price)? Are you happy with it? I wonder if they are any different from the cheaper version on amazon...
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #299
Athropos
Connoisseur
Athropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Aura HD
I have the Kobo sleepcover with cracked corners (see earlier in this thread). The good news is that my hypothesis seemed correct and 3 months later the cracks haven't grown larger.

However I'm thinking about buying the Mulbess cover which looks very nice on the pictures. I haven't found anyone already using it, but I may give it a try anyway. Hopefully the plastic of this one won't crack.
Athropos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #300
Markusli
Markusli began at the beginning.

I read the whole thread when I was ordering my Aura HD and unsatisfied with the lack of a decent case with a small footprint I decided to make my own.

And yes, I made the account just to show everyone my craftyness ..and well for all the future problems I might encounter as I am just starting out in world of e-readers.

It's made of carton, fiberglass, linen and felt. Also some putty and black spraypaint. Cost me about 12€, but I have a lot of stuff left over as I had to buy more than necessary for this relatively small case.

Just finished it (well almost. I'm still waiting for the magnets for the closing and sleeping mechanisms) and also just this morning received my Aura HD. Are the store bought ones about the same size?

P.S. Any idea why linking images from skydrive and dropbox won't work? Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Markusli; 04-08-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Markusli is offline   Reply With Quote