Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
Manodragon
Manodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Touch Lux 3/PB 626 froze

My TL3 suddenly froze after being shut down earlier today.
It doesn't boot up when I short press the power button. It doesn't do anything if I press the power button longer (up to 120 seconds).

If I connect it to my laptop, the Windows 10 detects it as unknown device (under other devices in device manager). If after I connect it to the laptop I press the power button for several seconds, the laptop makes a noise just like when a USB is disconnected. If I press the power button again for a few seconds, the laptop makes a sound like when you connect a USB drive.

If I connect it to power nothing happens.

Something similar happened several months ago and as it had a valid warranty, I send it in for repair but the people there gave it back several days after that saying that it works just fine and it really did. They didn't reinstall the firmware - all my books were there, even the one I was reading when it froze in the first place. It worked just fine until today.
I may have exposed it to light shocks as I was travelling by car today but it was protected by a case and I don't think the shocks were bad enough to brick it like this.

So. I was wondering if there is a secret way of hard-reseting it. I am thinking that I may do something to boot it up again until I will send it in again (several days from now) for repair because I still have a valid warranty.
Thank you for any help.

Last edited by Manodragon; 07-27-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Manodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Hello,
Looks like the device enters into FEL mode, unknown USB device etc.
What you could try: when the device is seen as an unknown device in Windows 10, press power button for 10 seconds (after 5+ seconds, W10 should notify you of the disconnection). Then press power button again.
Might work, might not work

Another thing you could try: after shutting down the device from FEL mode (see above), you could try to start it while keeping the "back" button pressed. This usually triggers "safe mode".
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
626, brick, freeze, lux 3, touch lux