Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #46
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
So, if we're still here posting in the forums, then the world can't *really* be ending... just yet.
I'm a newbie and I totally agree with you. For what it's worth, here is my theory on "the cake is not a lie." There are 2 Chinese restaurants in the Hampton Roads Virginia area called Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet. One is in Virginia Beach the other in Newport News. The VA Beach restaurant started out charging $8.99 and was packed every time my wife and I went there. Then they pushed the price to $10.99 and guess what, business slowed down considerably. In contrast, the Newport News restaurant started out at $8.99 and ACTUALLY dropped the price to $6.99 and guess what, business is tremendous EVERY day of the week. The point is would you rather have your restaurant busy EVERY day by offering a lower price while still making a good profit or would you rather have it empty half the week and only be really busy on the weekends and barely make a profit? With the lower price you have the best of both worlds for the business and the customer. So what does this have to do with EEs and PEs. Well, the PE started out at $400 and maybe weren't moving so fast. The price dropped to $199 and it is flying off the shelves. Maybe Entourage figured it was better to sell 2 PEs for $400 and still make somewhat of a profit rather then selling NONE at all for $400 and making NO profit. Plus, the longer they sit on the shelf the harder it is to turn a profit, especially when it comes to electronics which is practically outdated the day you buy it. Maybe Entourage is concentrating their efforts into a smaller more compact machine which is what consumers seem to want. A final thought on maximizing value in a business sale: price isn’t everything. Sometimes taking a lower price on better terms can be smart. Better terms can mean less post-sale risk, less post-sale taxes, and less post-sale stress while still maintaining a profit margin. All this talk about cake and Chinese food has made me hungry ...

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #47
NiaTrue
Edge User

Somewhere, dontpanic is surely laughing.

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #48
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
Somewhere, dontpanic is surely laughing.
And I'm sure he deserves it, so I'm happy to indulge!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #49
obsessed2
Edge User

Entourage site is back up. Doesn't look any different ...

Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #50
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Entourage site is back up. Doesn't look any different ...
But, the devices tab is back. Didn't this go away for a while?

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #51
sarah11918
Edge User

And, the devices tab says "Where to buy your POCKET edge"... and if I click on the link for the Cdn reseller, they are in stock and shipping. (Black, pocket edge)

Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #52
Glow
Edge User

Does this have any reference to the Royal Wedding Cake??

Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #53
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
But, the devices tab is back. Didn't this go away for a while?
Not for me

Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #54
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Not for me
OK, then I might have been thinking of how they took away all the description of the devices. How long has this tab referred to only the PE vs. both devices?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #55
Glow
Edge User

The devices tab used to show the promotional material/specs for both EE and PE, with links to resellers. More recently (last month or so?) goes directly to reseller page for PE only.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #56
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
The devices tab used to show the promotional material/specs for both EE and PE, with links to resellers. More recently (last month or so?) goes directly to reseller page for PE only.
Which brings me back to what I said earlier: The PE started out at $400 and maybe wasn't moving so fast. Then the price dropped to $199 and NOW it might be flying off the shelves. Maybe Entourage figured it was better to sell 2 PEs for $400 and make somewhat of a profit rather then selling NONE at all for $400 and making NO profit. Plus, the longer they sit on the shelf the harder it is to turn a profit, especially when it comes to electronics which is practically outdated the day you buy it. Maybe Entourage is concentrating their efforts into the smaller more compact machine which is what consumers seem to want.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #57
obsessed2
Edge User

Maybe he is just talking about the video game: http://www.technobuffalo.com/gaming/...-is-not-a-lie/

Old 04-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #58
sarah11918
Edge User

Yes, the Urban dictionary for cake is NOT a lie also mentions it's a reference to Portal 2. But it's more fun to read stuff into it.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #59
paula-t
Edge User

Now, Dontpanic, just a question.

is this a Ginger cake or a Honey cake you're taking about?

Both would taste nice....

Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #60
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
Now, Dontpanic, just a question.

is this a Ginger cake or a Honey cake you're taking about?

Both would taste nice....
Either version, I mean either cake, would taste nice. An ice-cream sandwich would taste better.