Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #31
Leslie
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
Leslie, I'm glad you got it back so soon. Anyways, I hope NiaTrue can get some timely help, too.
Thanks Me too. I was lost with out it. I hope NiaTrue can get some help soon too!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #32
guyjack
Edge User

I seem to remember that Robot was doing some nice work with his eDGe. Maybe he can help us find a way to extend the lives of our Dualbooks? NiaTrue, have you called their corporate offices or all of the numbers that are published on the site? I am sure you probably have. I am sorry that your eDGe isn't working.

Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #33
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Nuts - (stronger words are in my mouth too) I checked in this afternoon and found this thread. The speculation is distressing, I really believed in this product and the promises the company made (of course, I suppose we all did). The fact that we may never get am update could be accepted (I would rather have a good Tablet with power, a capacitive touch screen and Honeycomb anyway); but the fact that they could never be re-registered is disturbing. What if the device needs a factory reset? Can you imagine owning a $500 bad tablet with a notepad attached? Almost all my books are DRM protected.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #34
Leslie
Edge User

NiaTrue - where do you buy your books? The ones I buy are usually from Barnes and Noble, and I have never used ADE for those? The only time I have to use ADE is for a library book.

P.S. It's very possible I have no idea what I am talking about...

Last edited by Leslie; 03-21-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #35
thenzero
Edge User

I think we should start an offsite dev board for the eDGe. If Entourage does tank and this forum goes down, it would be good to already have a place that we all know we can gather for the purpose of continuing development on our own. Anyone interested?

Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #36
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Nuts - (stronger words are in my mouth too) ....The speculation is distressing,.....
I agree with your use of the term "speculation". What disturbs me more than the speculation (which I have also participated in) is the total lack of any response by Entourage despite these public comments. This strongly suggests that everyone at Entourage is either asleep at the switch, out looking for a job, or both. To imagine that they will suddenly spring to life with a new device (Honeycomb enabled perhaps) or a major software update (Froyo?) is magical thinking.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #37
guyjack
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefor View Post
I agree with your use of the term "speculation". What disturbs me more than the speculation (which I have also participated in) is the total lack of any response by Entourage despite these public comments. This strongly suggests that everyone at Entourage is either asleep at the switch, out looking for a job, or both. To imagine that they will suddenly spring to life with a new device (Honeycomb enabled perhaps) or a major software update (Froyo?) is magical thinking.
Tonight I sent messages to all of the site leaders to see if we would get any responses. I also tried (by guessing) sending emails to the company officers that I thought might get the emails. I think it might be lastname@entourage.com. I suggest that we all try to do this and explain that we are concerned and worried that we are going to be left high and dry. What do you think?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #38
ubergeek
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenzero View Post
I think we should start an offsite dev board for the eDGe. If Entourage does tank and this forum goes down, it would be good to already have a place that we all know we can gather for the purpose of continuing development on our own. Anyone interested?
+1 on the dev board

Old 03-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #39
alefor
Edge User

Great idea. Any response would be welcome.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #40
Glow
Edge User

Gee, and I have one on order!

Old 03-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #41
alefor
Edge User

It's a great device and you'll love it. Just don't count on any upgrades or service in the future. The chance of getting either of those seems to shrink each day.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #42
guyjack
Edge User

I am really looking now at the new HTC device based on the Flyer that is going to be announced by Sprint tomorrow. It has pretty much everything I need, except dual screens. It has a stylus that comes with it and a feature called "Scribe". Really curious to learn more about it. Plus, I will probably be able to get mine for free because it is from Sprint. (I was a Regional Director with Sprint and it pays to still have friends that still work there.) I think it will be running honeycomb and have a nice and fast dual core processor. I will have to see all of the specs when it is announced. Maybe it will actually be voice capable this time. If not, Sprint has a nice cozy relationship with Google now that they have announced that every phone will be google voice capable and we can actually use it natively on the phones now!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:54 AM   #43
Franky
Edge User

What is it this time.... First I bought a fantastic Ereader IREX DR800SG and in no-time the company is busted. At the same time I bought my eDGe. The first was broken at delivery, but thanks to some USA friends and a very helpful Entourage Support Team, they replaced it.

basically, I very happy with both devices. They work excellent. I just hat it that both wont have any update anymore and no place to go in case of problems. If feel sorry if Entourage is down the drain, sorry for the people and sorry for the eDGe. The only thing we can do is enjoy it as long as it works and hoping somebody will continue development of the eDGe. It's a great product.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #44
fgruber
Edge User

Yes I read about the flyer. I'm pretty sure it runs froyo but it does have a very customized UI. And it have an active digitizer so it should be good for annotation. Personally I think in the future I will go for a full blown windows table. Something like the Fujitsu Q550. That way I get onenote and fantastic pdf editing support and not to mention future upgradability. But I will miss the eink, dual screen and battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyjack View Post
I am really looking now at the new HTC device based on the Flyer that is going to be announced by Sprint tomorrow. It has pretty much everything I need, except dual screens. It has a stylus that comes with it and a feature called "Scribe". Really curious to learn more about it. Plus, I will probably be able to get mine for free because it is from Sprint. (I was a Regional Director with Sprint and it pays to still have friends that still work there.) I think it will be running honeycomb and have a nice and fast dual core processor. I will have to see all of the specs when it is announced. Maybe it will actually be voice capable this time. If not, Sprint has a nice cozy relationship with Google now that they have announced that every phone will be google voice capable and we can actually use it natively on the phones now!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #45
fgruber
Edge User

Yes I hope they will release as many development tools as possible before they give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
What is it this time.... First I bought a fantastic Ereader IREX DR800SG and in no-time the company is busted. At the same time I bought my eDGe. The first was broken at delivery, but thanks to some USA friends and a very helpful Entourage Support Team, they replaced it.

basically, I very happy with both devices. They work excellent. I just hat it that both wont have any update anymore and no place to go in case of problems. If feel sorry if Entourage is down the drain, sorry for the people and sorry for the eDGe. The only thing we can do is enjoy it as long as it works and hoping somebody will continue development of the eDGe. It's a great product.