Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Louis L'Amour

A favorite author posed a question on FaceBook a couple weeks ago. "Who is your favorite Sackett?" Now I haven't read Louis L'Amour in 30 years. His books were some of the first ones I read when I was a kid because I got most of my books from my older brothers book shelves.

After reading the FB post, I started rereading the Sackett books. I forgot what a great writer Mr. L'Amour was and how much I truly enjoyed his work. I think I'm going to work through the Talon books next!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My favorite is William Tell Sackett.
My favorite Louis L'Amour book is not a Sackett Western. It is The Walking Drum and is set in 12Th Century Europe and the Middle East.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Really enjoyed _The Walking Drum_, but _Last of the Breed_ edges it out for me.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last of the Breed was my second favorite.
Apache
Old 07-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
It's really a shame he died when he did. For him, obviously, but he had really turned himself into an excellent writer.

I mean, he was always good with action and such, but those two were a step above his other stuff.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Apache
Readaholic

He had planned to more books in The Walking Drum Series. At least the family did not hire someone else to write them.
And the way The Last of the Breed ended left it open for him to return and seek "Justice".
My wife had never read Louis L'Amour before I introduced her the The Walking Drum and The Last of the Breed. She was so amazed and just blown away by his writing style and descriptions.
Apache
Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
LuvHorses
LuvHorses began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch Glowlight
What are your favorite books by LL?
LuvHorses is offline   Reply With Quote