Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Impressions of new Readers

Went along to the Sony Centre in World Square, Sydney, Australia.
The new Pearl displays look terrific on the PRS-350 and PRS-650. (No PRS-950 to examine.)
There were issues that cropped up when testing the PRS-650 in-store:
  • The PDF functionality seemed to be somewhat limited. I wanted to view a PDF they had put on the PRS-650 liseuse and it would only show it in PDF reflow mode. The salesman said the manual was in multiple languages and they'd put it on to see if the languages showed up - they didn't.
  • The touch display when used in menus was occasionally inexplicably unresponsive for something on the order of 5-10 seconds. (Couldn't test with a stylus as it was missing.)
  • The prices are somewhat steep - I remember my PRS-500 being costed at USD 220 yet the PRS-650 is AUD 299 (about USD 277)..
  • The new menu structure looked more flash.
I didn't buy one - I'll keep my PRS-600 for now and see how I go.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote