Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Title (not) displayed at top of screen

When I open a book on my Aura HD (usually a book bought in the Kobo store), on every page the title of the book is listed. Some may consider this a waste of space, but I like it since it means I don't have to adjust the top margin. If there is no such header and the text starts right at the top of the page, that's uncomfortable.

But now I've opened a self-created epub, it looks like it's a Word doc or a PDF that has been converted by Calibre. And the pages have no such header. And since the text starts right at the top, I have to start fiddling with the margins & stuff, which I'd rather avoid.

What's causing this epub to behave differently? Is there a setting in the epub or its metadata that can prevent the Kobo reader from displaying the title of the book as a header on every page? What do I have to edit in the epub (in Sigil or Calibre) to get it to behave as I like?

MTIA.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
ebooks you purchase from Kobo and download directly to your Kobo device are formatted as kepubs. Essentially these are the same as epubs, however they are handled by different readers and thus presented differently.

I believe that if you convert the offending epub into a kepub you'll gain the header you prefer. You may need to install something into Calibre to allow kepub conversions, it's been a long time since I set up Calibre from scratch but I'm pretty sure it's not built in by default. It should be on the MR forums within the Calibre fora.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2016, 02:43 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
You need the KoboTouch Extended driver plugin to convert to kepub.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote