Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 03:34 AM   #646
rikus
rikus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
On my H2O I amended the Cr3 ini file to have the following margin values to lower the headline and pull in the sides of it a touch:

kbd_layout=0
margin_top=12
margin_left=5
margin_right=5
Thanks, I'll try it! I thought this margins are only for the text area and not the headline...
rikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #647
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
For firmware 3.17.0 in a file .kobo/vlasovsoft/launcher.sh edit this section:
Code:
# kill nickel
killall nickel
killall hindenburg
killall fmon
... as follows:
Code:
# kill nickel with components
killall sickel
killall nickel
killall hindenburg
killall fmon
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #648
geoslake
geoslake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT & Kobo Aura
Hi

Is there a way to (simply) transfer new books to my Kobo Aura, via usb, without switching back to Kobo Os ?
(would not be a big deal, but if i transfer a lot of books, kobo os, wants to list them all, display their cover etc, which takes an awful lot of time, maybe theres a way to disable this ?)

Thanks
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #649
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoslake View Post
Hi

Is there a way to (simply) transfer new books to my Kobo Aura, via usb, without switching back to Kobo Os ?
(would not be a big deal, but if i transfer a lot of books, kobo os, wants to list them all, display their cover etc, which takes an awful lot of time, maybe theres a way to disable this ?)

Thanks
If you use nickel to read there's no alternative.
If you us KSM connect to PC from it: usb>usb enable id like nickel.
In any case if you want to avoid nickel "see" your books, copy they to a directory beginning with a dot, ex: ".Books" to hide it.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #650
HeWhoWas
HeWhoWas began at the beginning.

Seeing as Cool Reader is open sourced and licensed under the GPL, could you please release the source code for at least that component?

I would like to add the ability to sync between devices to the CoolReader platform, and would prefer to not work from the ground up.
HeWhoWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2015, 02:02 AM   #651
AlterusPrime
Enthusiast
AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoWas View Post
Seeing as Cool Reader is open sourced and licensed under the GPL, could you please release the source code for at least that component?

I would like to add the ability to sync between devices to the CoolReader platform, and would prefer to not work from the ground up.
It looks like Sergey never reading this thread anymore.
You should actually go to his own forum (link) and ask there.
AlterusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #652
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@HeWhoWas Device sync is already implemented in koreader---which also runs the coolreader engine. So you could reuse that code or the program.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 AM   #653
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoWas View Post

Hi, HeWhoWas

The sources are published here:

https://github.com/sergeyvl/vlasovsoft
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #654
neice
neice began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'd like to set vlasovsoft launcher and coolreader to always default to frontlight level 1 on startup. I want this so that when I turn it on at night it doesn't blind me on startup after having the frontlight on a high level previously during the day.

Is this possible to do? I just recently started using the pbchess package.

Thank you!
neice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #655
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

Does this reader work with KSM?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #656
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Hi

Does this reader work with KSM?
Yes. It works
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #657
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Yes. It works
Tested and it works. Great work
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #658
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura, Arc 10HD
Help!
I cannot upgrade past 2015.2 as CR would not work. Other apps installed with it DO WORK (chess...) but not CR. This is with 2015.4, 5, 7.
I tried in various ways, renaming the old vlasovsoft folder, etc...no dice. Cannot launch CR from the menu...or automatically as set in Settings.
Any clue why?

BTW: I have an Aura running 3.15.0. Koreader updated fine to the 2015.11 stable.

/EDIT: looks like I am using KSM v6 and there are changes in the folder structure afterwards...both in KSM and pbchess...but what would one do if he does NOT want to upgrade KSM? Maybe a post for tshering's thread...

Last edited by ipse; 11-17-2015 at 06:58 PM.
ipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #659
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes, there were some changes how CR is started and KSM adopted new way. KSM 8 also is recommended because it solves problem with database corruption for those that use calibre.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #660
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Hi there,
I've been trying to increase the space between paragraphs in epubs modifying the cr3.ini (tried increasing every 'margin-bottom' value I've found), but so far no success. I have disabled the inner styles too. I'm using last CoolReader release, 2015_12 in my Kobo Mini. How would be the best way to do it?
Thanks

Last edited by colibris79; 12-01-2015 at 06:50 PM.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote