Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #571
Waldo67
Waldo67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
One other question, has there been any change to the touch detection in the latest version? It's very difficult trying to get long presses to be detected properly - I'll long press and then get the short press action or it'll take 10-20 seconds for the long press action to happen (but with no consistency).

Thanks
Waldo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:26 PM   #572
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
In order to update to last release, should I delete first the old install? Thanks
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #573
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
1. Rename vlasovsoft to vlasovsoft.bak
2. Copy vlasovsoft from the new install
3. Copy cr3/data/cr3.ini, cr3/data/cr3hist.bmk, cr3/data/bookmarks from vlasovsoft.bak to vlasovsoft
4. Delete vlasovsoft.bak ONLY after you make sure that you installation works fine.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:34 PM   #574
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadowski View Post
I cannot figure out how to enter the sleep mode from within coolreader. The hardware switch and the sleep cover do not work.

When I enter "suspend" via a control (e.g., a tap zone), the device becomes unresponsive and needs a (pin hole) restart.

On a Kobo mini (FW 3.11)
Something probably changed with sleep mode processing in this fw... It's difficult for me to figure out the reason.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #575
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo67 View Post
One other question, has there been any change to the touch detection in the latest version? It's very difficult trying to get long presses to be detected properly - I'll long press and then get the short press action or it'll take 10-20 seconds for the long press action to happen (but with no consistency).

Thanks
Do you mean tap zones or recent books?
Advert
Old 01-31-2015, 01:18 AM   #576
sadowski
Connoisseur
sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, Kobo mini, PB mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Something probably changed with sleep mode processing in this fw... It's difficult for me to figure out the reason.
In the mean time, I saw that suspend works fine when coolreader is started from the vlasovsoft menu instead of directly from the kobo start menu. Maybe that helps to explain.
sadowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:35 AM   #577
Waldo67
Waldo67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Do you mean tap zones or recent books?
Tap zones. It looks like it might just be happening with the Aura HD. I've tried the latest version of Coolreader on both the HD and my old 905B touch and the long press on the Touch works fine but on the HD is essentially impossible to use.
Waldo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:45 AM   #578
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
3. Copy cr3/data/cr3.ini, cr3/data/cr3hist.bmk, cr3/data/bookmarks from vlasovsoft.bak to vlasovsoft
4. Delete vlasovsoft.bak ONLY after you make sure that you installation works fine.
Thanks. So after renaming standard install
Old 02-04-2015, 08:32 AM   #579
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Maybe if you give this instructions here in first post and wiki you link in first post, just to make things easier for all (us users of cool reader and you of developer, not having to answer same questions again and again).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:27 AM   #580
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Maybe if you give this instructions here in first post and wiki you link in first post, just to make things easier for all (us users of cool reader and you of developer, not having to answer same questions again and again).
Thanks. I've opened "FAQ" topic at our wiki

http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?...coolreader#faq
Old 02-06-2015, 06:28 AM   #581
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo67 View Post
Tap zones. It looks like it might just be happening with the Aura HD. I've tried the latest version of Coolreader on both the HD and my old 905B touch and the long press on the Touch works fine but on the HD is essentially impossible to use.
I've released the final 2015.02 version a few days ago. Please install it. I'm sure that this problem is gone.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #582
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Hi!

Recently we've started a dedicated RUSSIAN Cool Reader forum.

http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewforum.php?f=6

because it's VERY(!!!) uncomfortably for all (including me) to discuss everything in the SINGLE TOPIC.

Now I want to create such forum for English-speaking users.

http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewforum.php?f=8

Please, join us and help to improve this project.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #583
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Thanks. I've opened "FAQ" topic at our wiki

http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?...coolreader#faq
Thanks for this useful addition in wiki. I think that there's a small typo:

Quote:
Connect your reader to PV
Should that be PC, not PV?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #584
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Thanks for this useful addition in wiki. I think that there's a small typo:

Should that be PC, not PV?
thanks
Old 02-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #585
Manolo
Addict

Thanks for the FAQ.