Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ebook prices (be careful) Fictionwise are you listening?

Fictionwise recently had a 7th Anniversary Sale. I did decide on a book I wanted to purchase during their sale. The book is One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey. I was going to purchase it in LIT format and convert it to LRF. So I decided I wanted to do this on the last day of their sale. I went and found the book and all was not well. They had it priced higher then the paperback edition.

What we have to look out for is when a book goes from hardcover to paperback and the prices at these ebook stores don't change the price. I did email them telling them of the problem. I have yet to hear back. I hope to hear back sometime this week. And I would hope that they would honor my request that when (if) they lower their price that I would be allowed to purchase it at the sale price as I would have had they not made the mistake and had the price too high. Possibly screwing a customer out of the sale because of their mistake is not a good way to keep customers returning to purchase what you have to sell.

Just thought I'd let you know to keep a check on the prices before you buy as you could end up buying an ebook priced higher then the dead tree edition.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Always a good thing to be reminded of periodically, especially as we seem to have a pretty steady stream of new readers coming through. Thanks, JSWolf.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert