Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Justification options in nook?

Gentlefolk;

I am lurking over from the Kindle forum - I trust my inquiries will not be viewed as an attempt by Amazon to take over the entire eBook Universe...

One thing that irks me about the Kindle 2 is everything is forced full-justification. The pix I have seen of the nook displays text in ragged-right / left justified. Is this correct? Is justification adjustable?

Ragged right justification, and getting a cookie with a nook in a Barnes and Noble bookstore, will prob. be enough to get me to add a nook.

Is the price still in the $250 or so area?

What are the most common irks with the nook?

What things do people like most about the nook?

Or is it too early to tell??

Thx!

Don
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I know one answer:

The price of the nook is $259.

Order today and it is scheduled to be delivered Feb. 1.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
dwallbaum
Zealot

So not available in stores yet!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallbaum View Post
So not available in stores yet!
Not yet, but they do seem to be catching up with demand. I pre-ordered one with an expected ship date of Jan. 4. According to UPS, it's currently on the truck and out for delivery. If B&N gets ahead of the curve, the stores will get units sooner.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
dwallbaum
Zealot

Meanwhile, I have been reading some of the stories here..sounds like the nook is still in beta.

Well, wasn't going to rush right out and get one anyway.. first I need to find a B&N in my area so I can play with it. Actually, all I want is ePub accessibility.. which Amazon could do with a firmware upgrade, but they would be selling their soul to cave into that pressure.

DOS vs. CPM... ahhh.. the battles never end.
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Martlet
Martlet began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I love my Nook. I hear lots of claims of "beta", but I haven't had a single problem with it that reading the manual wouldn't have avoided, and was easily fixed once I did.
Martlet is offline   Reply With Quote