Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 04:03 AM   #1
valdis_vesik
valdis_vesik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 / KINDLE2
Question Problem with Calibre metadata plugboard

I've set it up with {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] }{title} where my format is "mobi", my device is "KINDLE2" and my destination field is "title".

The plugboard listed above works on all my series, EXCEPT Discworld and I simply do not understand why. I've tried Googling, asking Reddit, changing the plugboard, re-adding the books to Calibre .. I feel like I've tried everything.

They're all mobi files, I've given them all the series title and the corresponding numbers while editing the metadata.

Can anyone help me figure out why it suddenly doesn't work? And only on these books?
valdis_vesik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure the mobi files youa re sending are not joint MOBIs as metadata cannot be updated in them. You can ensure they are not by simply converting to azw3 in calibre and sending those instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, discworld, metadata plugboard, plugboard