Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
Mordret
Mordret began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 5 Classic No ads
Question [Solved] Problem with Series and Plugboard using Kindle 5

Hello,

currently I'm using Amazon Kindle 5 without ads, using stock firmware 4.1.3 (2692310002) and Calibre 3.34.

I'm trying to grasp what I'm doing wrong with my series indexing.

I have 4 books, with the same metadata for Author, and Series.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hhuu2Ie.png
Views:	219
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	167933

I set up plugboard:

Name:	i50CqoX.png
Views:	328
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	167934

But after uploading books to Kindle only 2 of books have series and index visible.

Name:	nlVQmvg.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	167936

I have the same problem with different books. I would love to hear any ideas how to fix this issue?

Last edited by Mordret; 11-24-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Mordret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I remember chaley mentioning some strange stuff happens when you use [] in templates.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
side question, are you really sending a MOBI to your K5, or are some of those AZW3?

You might change the format to ALL
or duplicate the template for AZW3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ALso remember that metadata updating (and hence plugboards) dont work with joint MOBI/KF8 files. So do a conversion to azw3 first to ensure they are updateable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #5
Mordret
Mordret began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 5 Classic No ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I remember chaley mentioning some strange stuff happens when you use [] in templates.
This isn't the case, removing [] doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
ALso remember that metadata updating (and hence plugboards) dont work with joint MOBI/KF8 files. So do a conversion to azw3 first to ensure they are updateable.
I was sure those were MOBI files, since this was only format that I imported into Calibre, but it seems that they must be broken or something. After converting to AWZ3 it works fine. It looks like my mobi files had to be joint MOBI/KF8. Is there any way in Calibre to check if my MOBI is in fact MOBI/KF8 ?
Mordret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
index, kindle, mobi, plugboard, series