Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Compiling 7.x on Kubuntu 12.10

I am following the instructions given here for this compile. First issue, a 0.7.2 could not be located. Checking the site I assumed 0.7.1 was the most current available so I switched all references. Everything worked fine until the compile when I get this:

CMake Error at src/Sigil/CMakeLists.txt:38 (find_package):
By not providing "FindQt5Core.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Core", but
CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Core" with any
of the following names:

Qt5CoreConfig.cmake
qt5core-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Core" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"Qt5Core_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
"Qt5Core" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I am not completely ignorant of compiling on Kubuntu, but this is deeper than I can go with my knowledge. Can anyone suggest a solution for me?
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
I've just updated it back to 0.7.1.

Are you sure you have followed each step and checked the paths? I tried to make the instructions just cut and paste. And when I do this on my system (Linux Mint 14 which is 12.10 based) it works ok.

If you run
Code:
find /opt -name Qt5CoreConfig.cmake -print
what do you get? The -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH should be set to where the Qt5Core directory is.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
dicknskip
Zealot

Taht was a big help. I got much further. Now I get:

Linking CXX executable ../../bin/sigil
/opt/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/gcc/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5.0.1: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/sigil] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm learning why I usually wait for a ppa, but 0.7.x sounds too good to wait for so I broke down and tried a compile. Can I fix this issue easily?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you using the 0.7.1 source code zip file? I'll have to try it again, but I believe it compiled ok when I tested the build instructions.

It almost sounds as if the libQt5Widgets.so.5.0.1 is corrupt, as if there was a problem downloading Qt. But if you installed it ok, it sounds unlikely. What do you get if you run
Code:
file /opt/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/gcc/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5.0.1
Try a make clean, then recompile. Might not help, but gives you plenty of time for a cup of tea
Old 04-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
dicknskip
Zealot

/opt/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/gcc/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5.0.1: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=0xedf3d6bf857a2c5a0a5ab18259ead993cd286110, stripped

This is the output from the file command. I cut and pasted the instructions from the "installfromcode" section of the Sigil site. All I did was change the 0.7.2 from them to 0.7.1. Thanks for the help meme, I appreciate very much.
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
dicknskip
Zealot

I tried a make clean and recompile and got the same error.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
meme
Sigil developer

Are you running a 64bit OS? (uname -m) If so you probably need the 64bit version of Qt and to adjust the paths accordingly. Though I've only tested the 32bit version. (Or set the build to compile in 32bit mode, but downloading QT is probably easier).

Last edited by meme; 04-09-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
dicknskip
Zealot

I am - sorry I should have thought to tell you that. I'll delete all the 5.0.1 stuff and get the 64 bit version. Does the compile synatax change at all?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
dicknskip
Zealot

SOLVED - that did it. Thanks so much meme. Now I guess I export my saved searches and such and then import them to this version, correct?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
meme
Sigil developer

Great to hear.

You can just copy the ini files to the new location.