Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
WillRockwell
WillRockwell began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color
better video since software upgrade

Last week when I turned on my NC, it started a software download. After the download, I discovered I could play video (YouTube) quite well, where before it was very low resolution. Anyone know about this?
WillRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
Last week when I turned on my NC, it started a software download. After the download, I discovered I could play video (YouTube) quite well, where before it was very low resolution. Anyone know about this?
The update added Flash support. So now you can play the video's of the desktop version of Youtube.
Previously you could only play video's of the low resolution mobile version of Youtube.

Video playback is not as good as it should be. There is a problem with the firmware 1.2 video drivers. According to B&N there will a patch to solve this problem in a few weeks time.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
dannygator7790
Avid Nook Color Reader
dannygator7790 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color
glad to hear there's going to be a patch to fix it. I hadn't noticed it before, but now I do.
dannygator7790 is offline   Reply With Quote