Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Calibre has crashed twice on me today

1st time was while I was still running 0.6.28
2nd time was a couple hours after upgrading to 0.6.36

1st time I was doing some book conversions
2nd time Calibre wasn't active...just minimized in the tray

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Quote:
Faulting application name: calibre.exe, version: 0.6.28.0, time stamp: 0x4b26abc0
Faulting module name: python26.dll, version: 2.6.3150.1013, time stamp: 0x4ac6495f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001074f
Faulting process id: 0xff0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca9f6d034aab16
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\DLLs\python26.dll
Report Id: bdd3ee18-0b70-11df-95b2-001d604f85e4
Quote:
Faulting application name: calibre.exe, version: 0.6.36.0, time stamp: 0x4b5dda76
Faulting module name: python26.dll, version: 2.6.3150.1013, time stamp: 0x4ac6495f
Fault offset: 0x0001074f
Faulting process id: 0x9e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca9f83019d217e
Report Id: 68e1b626-0b8f-11df-95b2-001d604f85e4
Any ideas?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That doesn't really tell me much. If you can reliably reproduce the crash, I can help, otherwise...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah, considering it wasn't even doing any jobs and was just idle the 2nd time...reproducing it may be a challenge
Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru

Have another lovely crash right now. What is module stackhash_b160?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: calibre.exe
Application Version: 0.6.36.0
Application Timestamp: 4b5dda76
Fault Module Name: StackHash_b160
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000cdcbb
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b160
Additional Information 2: b160389b8eff9c11a586b146dc3828d8
Additional Information 3: 0ed4
Additional Information 4: 0ed49bf59bfe4dee95c227f99e74abd1
Old 02-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Windows XP 32bit SP3 python26.dll , Calibre 0.6.37 No reader connected.
crashed while I was away from the computer (Calibre idle)
Yhe last 3 releases have done this.
Does Calibre do some sort of background polling tasks ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lots of background tasks, device detection, news scheduling, update checks, those are the major ones. Unfortunately its very hard to debug this kind of thing.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
lots of background tasks, device detection, news scheduling, update checks, those are the major ones. Unfortunately its very hard to debug this kind of thing.
Trying to help here
Is there a background task log I could enable that would capture the starts of these tasks.
In my case, no news feeds scheduled. Just Calibre set for Astak V5.

I suspect this may have started around the time you changed windows (USB) device detection. It seems to take hours to trigger.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can run the GUI as

calibre-debug -g 1> log.txt 2>&1

After the crash log.txt may have something useful.

I doubt it's device detection, detection happens in two stages, the second of which was changed, and that only is triggered when a device is actually connected.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
You can run the GUI as

calibre-debug -g 1> log.txt 2>&1

After the crash log.txt may have something useful.

I doubt it's device detection, detection happens in two stages, the second of which was changed, and that only is triggered when a device is actually connected.
Log session running. I will see what I can grab for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I have a crash log. I trimmed the front off.

Last edited by theducks; 08-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm nothing enlightening in that log. I'm pretty sure this a threading issue, some GUI object being created in a non GUI thread. Open a ticket so I remember to look into it when I have some time.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Hmm nothing enlightening in that log. I'm pretty sure this a threading issue, some GUI object being created in a non GUI thread. Open a ticket so I remember to look into it when I have some time.
Thanks, Will create a ticket when I get back to my other system (W/Calibre log)
Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
texasnightowl
Guru

Hey, when I get home tonight I'll start Calibre with the debug command also.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
texasnightowl
Guru

Wasn't running it with debug, but had another crash just now. Had started 22 conversions, all from LIT to MOBI

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: calibre.exe
Application Version: 0.6.36.0
Application Timestamp: 4b5dda76
Fault Module Name: python26.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.6.3150.1013
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ac6495f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003246a
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

From event viewer:
Faulting application name: calibre.exe, version: 0.6.36.0, time stamp: 0x4b5dda76
Fault offset: 0x0003246a
Faulting process id: 0xffc
Faulting application start time: 0x01caadbbba9e4ecd
Report Id: 878382dd-19be-11df-a4b1-001d604f85e4

Last edited by texasnightowl; 02-14-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #15
texasnightowl
Guru

And just now again...bulk convert of around 15 epubs to mobi

Fault offset: 0x0000ddb6
Faulting process id: 0xeb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01caadcba199a7ae
Report Id: b7a53ccf-19c4-11df-a4b1-001d604f85e4

Checked after restarting calibre...it was 14 books being converted and it completed 1 of them and then crashed.

Last edited by texasnightowl; 02-14-2010 at 07:05 PM.