Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Read an Ebook Week romance thread (freebies and bargains)

As was suggested below (by Koland and Bookratt, if my memory serves me right), I am starting a thread just for romances offered for free or at bargain price during Read an Ebook Week.

Smashwords have more than 2000 pages (that's more than 20 000 books) on offer. I won't even try to slog through everything, but here are some titles that caught my eye.

Elizabeth Ashtree, Maiden's Mistake (REW25 for 26% off). Although I've never read an historical by her, I love her contemporary romances, so I'll definitely be getting this one.

Marguerite Butler, Compromising Prudence (26 % off), a regency romance which seems to be self-published or indie-published, but has an ornithologist hero.

Jenna Petersen has published several books with Avon. She offers the regency novella Undeniable, the short story anthology Almost a Spinster and the novel The Secrets of a Lady for free, and the regency novels The Temptation of a Gentleman, The Desires of a Countess (check it out, it has a remarkably silly cover picture) and Rogue for a Night at 50%.

Wendy Soliman, who has published historical romances with Robert Hale and Carina Press, offers two of her Hale books at 26% reductions: Lady Hartley's Inheritance and Duty's Destiny.

Brenda Hiatt is also a veteran Avon author. She offers Scandalous Virtue (75% off).

Virginia Henley has written a number of historical for Signet. Her A Rough Wooing (free) is set at the Scottish-English border at the time of James I. The story Letter of Love (free) is an Elizabethan romance, and Wild Hearts is another Scotland-set historical.

Mary Lancaster's A World to Win (26% off) is set in Hungary during the 1848 revolution, which deserves a mention even though the book is probably self-published.

Mary Gillgannon's Dragon of the Island series (4 volumes) is available at 50% off. These are Dark Ages historical romances with some fantasy elements and were first published in 1990s, with at least one volume at Zebra in the early 2000s. Alternatively, you can buy the series as single titles:
1. Dragon's Dream (50% off)
2. or 3. (unclear from the listings) The Dragon Prince (free)
4. The Dragon Bard (50% off)
The other 2th or 3rd volume, Dragon of the Island, is regularly priced. In addition, there is Beyond the Sea Mist (50 % off), which is set in early medieval Ireland (with Vikings).

Marina Oliver has written a number of books for Robert Hale and some more as Sally James for Fawcett and, more recently, for Belgrave House. Masquerade for the King (75% off) is set in France just before Charles II regains the English throne.

Kelly McClymer's Once Upon a Wedding series were published with Ballad in the early 2000s. She offers The Star-Crossed Bride (50% off) The Unintended Bride (50% off), The Infamous Bride (50% off), The Next Best Bride (50% off), and The Impetuous Bride (50% off). The first volume, The Fairy Tale Bride, was a freebie for a long time and is regularly priced now, but at 99 cent not too expensive if you are interested in the start of the series.

Eve Silver's Dark Desires (25% off), a historical suspense set at the period of Jack the Ripper, was first published by Kensington in 2005, His Dark Kiss (25% off), a gothic historical, in 2006.

Marsha Canham offers the medieval short story What the Heart Sees (free), the late Georgian historical romance novel Pale Moon Rider (50% off), and the Regency spy story Swept Away (50% off).

Last edited by Britomart; 03-04-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: corrected mistakes
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Shelli508
Shelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony e-reader
LOVE this! Thank you!
Shelli508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
nice Britomart! This will get us going!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Great start. Thank you for all your time and effort.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kathryn Shay's Cop of the Year is Free with coupon.

Wedding Survivor & Material Girl by Julia London is free with coupon

Last edited by Blossom; 03-04-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
(I debated wheter or not to put this one here, or in the existing Samhain freebie thread.) During REBW Samhain offers Private Property by Leah Braemel for free from their webpage, as well as BN, Sony and Amazon.
I'll admit it. I am not that impressed with them offering that e-book, since it already is available as a freebie. But, it is better than nothing and maybe it wll lead to more freebies offered on their webpage in the future.

Last edited by mikaelalind; 03-05-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: That thing called grammar vanished from my mind for a while.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
MoodRing
MoodRing
MoodRing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Brilliant thanks for these superb recommendations, Ive started downloading a few and have strating reading The Dragon Prince Another few sites I have been on recently for free ebooks or dicounted one are moneysavingexpert.com eReaderiq.com and groupon.ie. These all have areas to download good ebooks from. I have treid all and would recommend them.

Last edited by MoodRing; 03-05-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: incorrect information
MoodRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Winter's Heat by Lyn Cote is free with coupon. This is an inspirational romantic suspense book.

Blair Bancroft is offering it seems all her titles free with coupon. These are formally published titles. I bought most of them. Regency mixed in with some contemporary romances.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Winter's Heat by Lyn Cote is free with coupon. This is an inspirational romantic suspense book.

Blair Bancroft is offering it seems all her titles free with coupon. These are formally published titles. I bought most of them. Regency mixed in with some contemporary romances.
Where do I find the coupon?

Never mind.... I found it!

Last edited by MarciaCat; 03-05-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Found what I was looking for!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
The code for most of the Smashword books is RE100 - but double check in the rectangle to the right of the book's title...the code is listed there.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
The code for most of the Smashword books is RE100 - but double check in the rectangle to the right of the book's title...the code is listed there.
Thank you! I went back for a closer look at the individual titles I was interested in and saw the code.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
This borders on the ridiculous but trust me I am not complaining. Just picked up 25 books at Smashwords for wait for it.......$3.50. Is that crazy or what? Looks like some good reads with some new authors that I look forward to reading.

Great thread!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #13
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Kate Rothwell offers one historical romance novella and one YA novella for free. She haven't got a code, though, but according to her webpage they normally cost 0.99 so I assume it is temporary
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Just got an email from ARE....here is a link to their currently free romance books available for this week. There are 538 books on this list, so it is a bit much to put them all here. Check out their books list here...

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/cate...ortBy=topRated
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I downloaded 10 titles and have already read 3 (many of them are so short). Won't be keeping them all, but that's par for the course.

I enjoyed Anne Patrick's Christmas with Hope. It's a sweet (kisses only) romance which is apparently a prequel to her Wounded Warriors series (her website is a bit of a mess, but the cover says it's a "companion" story). I liked it enough I plan to buy the first book in the series. And isn't that one of the main reason we try freebies, to discover new-to-us authors? So yay.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote