Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #1
kmpth
kmpth began at the beginning.

Device: paper white 7th
How to save jailbreak after update to version 5.9.6.1

Hi

I have updated my kindle to 5.9.6.1 which it was jailbroken. unfortunately, I can't run kual on my kindle anymore. I tried to fix this problem by installing hotfix but it did not help at all and also I tried to install 5.9.6.1 firmware update in order to reinstall the jailbreak I receive an error while installing this firmware. please help me what should I do now? How should I run Kual on my device now? I would be extremely thankful if you help me.
kmpth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #2
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpth View Post
Hi

I have updated my kindle to 5.9.6.1 which it was jailbroken. unfortunately, I can't run kual on my kindle anymore. I tried to fix this problem by installing hotfix but it did not help at all and also I tried to install 5.9.6.1 firmware update in order to reinstall the jailbreak I receive an error while installing this firmware. please help me what should I do now? How should I run Kual on my device now? I would be extremely thankful if you help me.
You might have had an old jailbreak bridge that wasn’t able to handle the update.
(For those reading this, be sure you apply the latest hotfix before you update and after. )
Try to make sure you have the latest hotfix and try again and report your results to the community. I hope it works out for you.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Hi

If you had the kindlet KUAL, you need to switch to booklet KUAL.

Also check all the JB recovery threads. You should be able to save your current JB.

If nothing else works, you should be able to install the factory 5.9.6.1 firmware and the JB again. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086

If you have PW3 (I don't know what 7th generation means.)

Last edited by j.p.s; 03-13-2019 at 06:27 PM.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:14 AM   #4
kmpth

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If you had the kindlet KUAL, you need to switch to booklet KUAL.

Also check all the JB recovery threads. You should be able to save your current JB.

If nothing else works, you should be able to install the factory 5.9.6.1 firmware and the JB again. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086

If you have PW3 (I don't know what 7th generation means.)
I tried to install this factory 5.9.6.1 firmware. I received error 10 while installing it. (
Old 03-14-2019, 01:15 AM   #5
kmpth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
You might have had an old jailbreak bridge that wasn’t able to handle the update.
(For those reading this, be sure you apply the latest hotfix before you update and after. )
Try to make sure you have the latest hotfix and try again and report your results to the community. I hope it works out for you.
I installed the hotfix but it didn't work out. I see kual on my booklist but I can't even delete it or run it.
Advert
Old 03-14-2019, 02:34 AM   #6
kmpth

I installed the factory firmware 5.9.6.1 then jailbreak, hot fix, kual . but to no avail i cant run kual what should I do now?should I reset my device?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 AM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Just to confirm, did you use coplate's version of KUAL and ;log mrpi to install it? Also, is your MRPI up to date?

The old azw2 version doesn't work anymore and the one from the first post in the snapshots thread is finicky on the PW3.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #8
kmpth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just to confirm, did you use coplate's version of KUAL and ;log mrpi to install it? Also, is your MRPI up to date?

The old azw2 version doesn't work anymore and the one from the first post in the snapshots thread is finicky on the PW3.
I used this kual https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326 and I dont know how to install the kual you have just mentioned
Old 03-14-2019, 05:15 AM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
I used this kual https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326 and I dont know how to install the kual you have just mentioned
That's too old and doesn't work on 5.9.x.

Instructions are here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086 (Step #8)

You need the latest version of MRPI, too, in case you haven't updated that either.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:07 AM   #10
kmpth

Quote:

Instructions are here:

You need the latest version of MRPI, too, in case you haven't updated that either.
tnx for your help. Now i can run kual smoothly:thumbsu p:
Old 03-14-2019, 06:15 AM   #11
kmpth

Quote:

Instructions are here:

tnx for your help. it solved my problem