Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #31
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Tom and Nyssa, I think you missed this!
Thanks for keeping us honest! Fixed now.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Is it usually broken up into multiple books? The ebook is three volumes (book 1, book 2, the books 3 & 4). The pbooks I saw were one volume.
Thanks for catching that. Indeed if Billi was nominating the entire set it looks like it would be three ebooks at a total cost of about $21 and about 800 total pages.
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Thanks for catching that. Indeed if Billi was nominating the entire set it looks like it would be three ebooks at a total cost of about $21 and about 800 total pages.
Let's read that AND Les Miserables.

Just joking. Actually I was thinking of seconding Les Miserables, but I don't know if I'm in the mood to re-read such a familiar tale at the moment.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #34
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
I can withdraw my nomination. I did know about the 800 pages but I didn't know about the price. Sorry.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #35
briandb82
briandb82 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
The Age of Innocence is the best!

I suggest The Age of Innocence which I already found on buchempfehlung. This book contains lot of cool scenes!!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-21-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Unknown link removed.
briandb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #36
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I can withdraw my nomination. I did know about the 800 pages but I didn't know about the price. Sorry.
No, I'd say leave it as is. Let the vote decide.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #37
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
One reason for withdrawing was that you and Issy could have your votes back. But if it is okay with you, then let it stand.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #38
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
^^ I'd like to read it; I'm sticking with my vote.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #39
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Does The Age of Innocence appear twice?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #40
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Does The Age of Innocence appear twice?
I thought it sounded familiar.

Fixed.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I can handle the 800 pages & the book sounds interesting, just not sure it I can handle the price right now.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #42
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I can handle the 800 pages & the book sounds interesting, just not sure it I can handle the price right now.
The discounted paperback is about half the price new and cheaper used. And I figure there's always the library and ILL if necessary. I know these options don't appeal to some, but at least they're there.

Last edited by issybird; 03-23-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I shall nominate I Robot by Isaac Asimov.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #44
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I shall nominate I Robot by Isaac Asimov.
Is it six months already? This year is going so fast I can't keep up.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #45
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Is it six months already? This year is going so fast I can't keep up.
Good catch. I, Robot was nominated in December 2012, losing to Ethan Frome in the run-off, and then losing to Persuasion in the January 2013 second chance poll. So it can't be nominated for April.