Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (DRM-free PDF/ePub) TryHarlequin site updated with 3 new titles [Romance]

So, Harlequin went and updated their special promotional website with 3 brand-new freebies and swapped out at least 1 repeat.

The new titles are:

The New Deputy in Town by B.J. Daniels, a Harlequin Intrigue

Emergency Wife: Lost and Found by Carol Marinelli, a Harlequin Medical

Cowboy Dad by Cathy McDavid, a Harlequin American Romance

I think the Leslie Kelly book has been added back after having been swapped for something else last year.

There are also over a dozen older titles, including some Spanish & French language ones, all available in DRM-free PDF @ the Try Harlequin website.

For some, but not all of these titles (only the older English language ones), you can get stealth ePub versions by changing the URL you get from download the PDF so that it reads ePub at the end to get that version:

eg:

Code:
http://tryharlequin.com/ebook.php?id=1&type=pdf
to

Code:
http://tryharlequin.com/ebook.php?id=1&type=epub
Also, you may still be able to pick up some of the expired and removed former freebies by playing with the ID numbers.

Enjoy!

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-16-2012 at 07:54 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Instead of clicking on the book right click and open it in a new window/tab and you will see the epub download link.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I think Emergency Wife: Lost and Found by Carol Marinelli has been on the list a while (or there and gone and now back).

A Passion To Die For, by Marilyn Pappano, used to be pdf only (now has epub).

Had I known you were going to look, I wouldn't have dug thru the list this morning (I had not gotten around to posting them yet, between slow computer and other chores).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Eh, it works out. I had two lab things due this morning, so I didn't have time to do the saved up slushpile trawl and we ended up cross-posting each others' books again.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post

American Dad by Cathy McDavid, a Harlequin American Romance
Cowboy Dad is the actual title of the book. One of my favorite HQAR writers

It's nice to have the others in epub. I had them in Lit which is now pretty obsolete.
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Eh, it works out. I had two lab things due this morning, so I didn't have time to do the saved up slushpile trawl and we ended up cross-posting each others' books again.
Sorry about that. I had just finished up posting to the blog and had come to start in there, when I saw your first post. I did the FT/Pearson books, then didn't see the other christian published ones yet, so started there.

I had seen Torch Red at CB, but thought it was an old freebie (I was mistaking it for Damages, the last CB only freebie). So, it was a good reminder to me to grab it (I have several in the series now, all picked up free).
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Cowboy Dad is the actual title of the book.
Eh, close enough. Fixed.

IIRC, the Marinelli book was previously offered by Mills & Boon as part of their Everyone's Reading promo site, not HQN proper. They haven't rotated their selection yet as they said they were planning to, and are now demanding signups and logins, unfortunately, but still DRM-free ePubs otherwise for anyone who hasn't encountered them before.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I think Emergency Wife: Lost and Found by Carol Marinelli has been on the list a while (or there and gone and now back).
For some reason, I think I got that one free from Mills & Boon.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Thanks for the update! It was actually through the freebie at the Everyone's Reading site I discovered Michelle Reid, now one of my favorite Harlequin authors.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Some of those 'epub' downloads turned out to be empty files. Weird.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
The PDF's were OK, though? I haven't gone back to re-download yet. Didn't even look at the file size until I added them to Calibre and realized there was nothing there.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Thank you so much. This little free DRM free harlequin made my evening!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
The PDF's were OK, though? I haven't gone back to re-download yet. Didn't even look at the file size until I added them to Calibre and realized there was nothing there.
It's the 3 that ATDrake mentioned. The epubs are 0 bytes.
The PDFs are fine though.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
a couple of them were empty epubs, emergency wife was. I will try the pdf and see if it works.

edit: yes it did, yay! This one looked good. It looks fine on my pdf reader and may be good on my sony.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's the 3 that ATDrake mentioned. The epubs are 0 bytes.
The PDFs are fine though.
They do that quite often - I think it's a script that builds the pages, but the don't upload the EPUB's to their server.