Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Taya
Taya began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Bought book from B&N, can I transfer book to Nook through USB?

Hi all,

My Aunt bought a Nook. She's not really computer savvy, so I'm not sure if this is just her not knowing how to use it, or if it's a true problem with her Nook. She's in Jamaica right now and says that before she left, she bought a book through B&N online. She wondered why it didn't go to her Nook automatically. I told her that she had to connect to wireless and "check for new content".

Anyway, she says "check for new content" doesn't show up, and I don't know if that's because she's not connected to wireless or she just doesn't know you have to swipe your finger up to get more options in the My Library section.

Is there any way she can get this book that she bought from B&N by simplying connecting her Nook with the USB cable instead of checking for new content via wireless?

Thanks so much,
Taya
Taya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Yes, uploading books via the USB cable is called "sideloading", and is almost a drag and drop operation. B&N enables downloading of the purchase, the book can be downloaded directly to the NOOK if it is plugged in, or to a folder on the computer and then drag-drop later. Once the NOOK is connected, on Windows it should automatically open up like a drive in My Computer.

Victor
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
In fact those that have non-wifi readers must sideload their books to the reader. My Libra Pro requires me to sideload everything that I read on it. Although some times its a tad bit on the haphazzard side.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote