Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"The Legend of the Ice People" by Margit Sandemo

Can I get some informal reviews on Margit Sandemo's 47 book series, "The Legend of the Ice People"?

- Ahi

Last edited by ahi; 12-01-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Can I get some informal reviews on Margit Sandemo's 47 book series, "The Legend of the Ice People"?

- Ahi
Never heard of it before, but it looks interesting. Apparently they are in the process of being published here, so now I've reserved no. 1 at the library. If it's worth reading I'll let you know. The covers look a bit.... not what I'd typically read, but you never know.

Edit, added:
I don't know if these reviews are informal enough for you... :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2932033.Spellbound

Last edited by Ea; 12-03-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
tonbe
tonbe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello

I have read quite a few of the books... althou in norwegian hehe... I would recomend the books... they are absolutely good read (if you like fantasy genre) Its quite a few sad points and a few points where its not realy good for children to read but other then that the storry is realy good and intresting... i am sad to say that i havent read all and if my memory dosent fail me its about 50 or so books(take or add a few)
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
... If it's worth reading I'll let you know. The covers look a bit.... not what I'd typically read, but you never know.
Arrgh! Completely forgot to write back

Well, I had a look at the first book, and it looked like something I would have loved to read as a teenager. Now I think I've outgrown the style and that kind of writing a bit, but I'd definitely recommend it as a 'young adult' book from age 12 and up. It's great, too, that there's so many books in the series. I'd say; definitely give the first book a try.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
The "Ice People" series is a perennial favourite among teenage girls here in Norway and seems never to fade away completely. I was "forced" to read a number of books from the series by various girlfriends at the time (around 25 years ago, I think) and I've never touched them again later, nor would I do so, quite frankly. It's not that they're bad exactly, but Mrs. Sandemo, who has written a gazillion books in the exact same style, just placed in different environments, is very obviously writing for profit rather than for the sake of the art.
Closed Thread