Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
lmill
lmill began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello

Hi Y'all from S.E. Oklahoma. I do not have a mobile device yet and am hoping to learn from this group be for I make the leap.
lmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! You've come to the right place for info.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lmill and welcome to MobileRead. You'll get lots of friendly advice here!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmill View Post
Hi Y'all from S.E. Oklahoma. I do not have a mobile device yet and am hoping to learn from this group be for I make the leap.
Welcome to MobileRead.........enjoy the journey, and check out the free books available here for download to your computer, and, when you do get your device, you can upload them there!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I am from NE Oklahoma and I too have not got an ebook yet. Tried a Kindle 2. Nope. Bought a PRS-505 but afraid to open it. Might just return it.

Hope you have better luck than me at deciding. Welcome. I may never own one of these, but I like the folks here and just stop into to chat about books and such in general.

I think you will really like the people here. All very nice.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
I am from NE Oklahoma and I too have not got an ebook yet. Tried a Kindle 2. Nope. Bought a PRS-505 but afraid to open it. Might just return it.

Hope you have better luck than me at deciding. Welcome. I may never own one of these, but I like the folks here and just stop into to chat about books and such in general.

I think you will really like the people here. All very nice.
Hi Mrgauth! Why you afraid to open PRS-505?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Many reasons, and I don't want to hijack this new person's thread, but chiefly because I am the type of person that suffers buyers remorse on almost every high priced item I have ever bought. Guilt immediately sets in. I WANT so many cool new gadgets (Ipod, laptop, ereader, etc) but always end up feeling bad after buying because I know I can listen to music, watch movies, read books, surf the web without any of them. So, why 'waste' the money. It's a mental problem stemming from a poor/frugal upbringing.

Enough psyche. Bottom line is I just can't justify it. Nonetheless, I enjoy discussing books with all of you so I think I will stick around regardless. And who knows, maybe some day ebooks will be $99 and everyone can easily afford them.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello lmill -- and welcome to MobileRead. I live in north Texas, about 25 miles from the TX/OK border. While none of the available readers are perfect, there are several which provide an excellent reading experience. I'm fond of the devices with e-Ink screens as opposed to those that are backlit. So, I have both a Kindle 1 and a Sony PRS-505. Now that the Kindle 2 is available, there are a lot of used Kindle 1's available. I'd recommend trying to see a device that someone near you owns -- or you can find the Sony reader in some Target stores and the larger Borders stores.

We're glad you've joined us at MobileRead. As Mrgauth says, if you like to read, you'll find folks to talk with about books and not just the readers. I hope you hang around and join in the conversations.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find all the information you are looking for right here. Depending on what your book-reading needs are, you should be able to find a machine that comes as close as possible to "perfect" for you.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote