Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Kobo Customer Care - they really do care!

Thought I might post about my experience with Kobo Customer Care.
Quite a while ago (it's been so long that I can't remember exactly when it was) I had font problems with a book I had purchased from Kobobooks.com - it was a fairly common problem where the font size was not able to be adjusted.

I emailed a request to Kobo and had a few standard replies that didn't really help much. Then I upgraded my firmwear and the problem went away - as it was actually one of the issues they were fixing in the firmwear upgrade.

I forgot all about my request to Kobo until last week when I received an email suggesting that I upgrade to the new firmwear. As well I was sent a code to use on the Kobobooks.com website to redeem a free book as an apology for taking so long to rectify my problem.

I was thrilled. The code was valid on a list of about 80 discounted books and there were 3 that I was interested in but as I was away for a few days I left it until today to organise my free book. I was also hoping to be able to purchase the other 2 at the discounted price. Sadly when I returned to the site today the list had shrunk to only 17 books - none of which particularly appealed - but it was free so I picked up something that looked OK...

Anyway the point of my long rambling post is that if you are fortunate enough to get a discount code don't waste too much time before you redeem it. While I am still grateful to get a free book when I had to choose from just 17 books instead of the original 80 my excitement disappeared just as quickly as all the good books in the discounted list.

Last edited by HarleyB; 08-03-2010 at 03:11 AM.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post

I emailed a request to Kobo and had a few standard replies that didn't really help much. Then I upgraded my firmwear and the problem went away - as it was actually one of the issues they were fixing in the firmwear upgrade.

I was thrilled. The code was valid on a list of about 80 discounted books and there were 3 that I was interested in but as I was away for a few days I left it until today to organise my free book. I was also hoping to be able to purchase the other 2 at the discounted price. Sadly when I returned to the site today the list had shrunk to only 17 books - none of which particularly appealed - but it was free so I picked up something that looked OK...

Anyway the point of my long rambling post is that if you are fortunate enough to get a discount code don't waste too much time before you redeem it. While I am still grateful to get a free book when I had to choose from just 17 books instead of the original 80 my excitement disappeared just as quickly as all the good books in the discounted list.
Forum helps and watches after you. Manufacturers tend to keep customers
in silo. Like would Funkadelic say, "free your mind".
For the rest of post, maybe they sold books you liked?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 05:49 AM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Nice stuff
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote