Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Custom pre-processors?

In Calibre 0.5.14 there is a pre-processor option to massage your source files before final conversion.

I have not used them because many of my Baen-sourced files have already been processed for use with my Rocket eBook reader.

Can new user-written pre-processors be written to be included in the selection drop-down box?

And if so, how would I go about it?

I'd like to write a script to replace some text that renders poorly on my Sony PRS-505 in LRF format, then feed the result into the Calibre converter.

The worst offender so far is the horizontal rule tags that I almost universally inserted at scene breaks.

While their width attributes are set at 200 pixels, the Sony renders them as full-width and it loses the blank line before the rule (but not after).

-Joe
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use the calibre plugin system to write your own preprocessors. See the section of the User Manual on customizing calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can use the calibre plugin system to write your own preprocessors. See the section of the User Manual on customizing calibre
Thanks.
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
smartroad
smartroad doesn't littersmartroad doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hi, Sorry i am probably being a bit think but I can't find the page in the User Manual about plugins and specifically how to create one or the files needed etc.
smartroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...customize.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert