Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #166
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
It's "holiday" in the sense of not actually being at work - house-hunting is the main activity. Doing a small database will seem like fun ...
Aaahh well okay then
House hunting ey... please buy my old one It's really nice, it'll only slightly increase your commute :P
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #167
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Aaahh well okay then
House hunting ey... please buy my old one It's really nice, it'll only slightly increase your commute :P
Weeeellll, maybe not - we're moving to Scotland, and I'm keeping my job in the Midlands. It will probably take nearly as long to commute as from the Netherlands!
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #168
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I really need to visit Scotland. The MK in my screen-name stands for "MacKinnon". Good luck with the house-hunting!
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #169
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
I really need to visit Scotland. The MK in my screen-name stands for "MacKinnon". Good luck with the house-hunting!
As you know, many beautiful places in Scotland. It is very exciting to be moving up there, but so much to organise in a relatively short time (we'll need to move just before Christmas), and all at a 500 mile remove. That bit is scary, and the pressure to find somewhere based on a week's visit that will suit my wife in a new town whilst I am away most of the week is ... daunting.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #170
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oohh I love Scotland! How scary indeed though to move so far and finding a place based on such a short visit! When I moved to far away (to England actually) I rented a room first and stored my stuff while I took a few months to look around and get to know the area before I chose a permanent place! Wouldn't that be less risky for you? Good luck in any case!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #171
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Oohh I love Scotland! How scary indeed though to move so far and finding a place based on such a short visit! When I moved to far away (to England actually) I rented a room first and stored my stuff while I took a few months to look around and get to know the area before I chose a permanent place! Wouldn't that be less risky for you? Good luck in any case!
Yes, renting is what we're going to do initially. Still, so many places to look at. At least we have a bit more time than the last move - I had to find a house in a week, a hundred miles away from where we were living (another move to place we barely knew - a pattern is starting to emerge!) whilst my wife was visiting her relatives in her home country (guessing what she would like ), and then arrange the move within four weeks because her new employer wanted her to star work a month early! At least, since that happened only last year, at least we should be able to pack easily!

I can't complain that life is dull, though!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #172
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Hahahaha how peaceful!

At least, if this pattern will continue, if you choose a place now that turns out to be really really horrible, no worries, you'll be out of there by next year anyway
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #173
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Hahahaha how peaceful!

At least, if this pattern will continue, if you choose a place now that turns out to be really really horrible, no worries, you'll be out of there by next year anyway
You are a little ray of sunshine, aren't you ...