Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #1201
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
New special offer, only for those with a NEW Kindle Fire SO (and presumably the 7" HD):

$5 promo credit for MP3's

Claim on screen and it is instantly added to your account.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #1202
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
New special offer, only for those with a NEW Kindle Fire SO (and presumably the 7" HD):

$5 promo credit for MP3's

Claim on screen and it is instantly added to your account.
This should probably go in the Kindle Fire forum. Now KFs are SOs we will need a thread there. Not many KF users visit the main forum unless they own a regular Kindle too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #1203
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd hate to have to try to keep up with both threads....

The paperwhites will also have their own offers, I suspect
Old 09-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #1204
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:

All KSO posts should stay here.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #1205
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

Not a problem the specific Kindle Fire offers can be posted in both forums.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:30 AM   #1206
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I'll try to do so, now that they are back (and will post on my blog, in any case). I think I'll have one of each KSO model (if they fix the offers on my KK), just have to remember to check them each day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
I should have an SO KPW by October 2nd. I'll let you know.
Thanks a lot; I appreciate the help
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #1207
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Claim by Sep 22, use by Sep 29:

$5 Instant Video Credit (Kindle Fire only)
Old 09-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #1208
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Claim by Sep 22, use by Sep 29:

$5 Instant Video Credit (Kindle Fire only)
Just claimed this.

$5 in MP3 and $5 in instant video for totally free is pretty cool. Reminds me of when the e-ink kindles used to be actual offers instead of just ads.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #1209
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Reminds me of when the e-ink kindles used to be actual offers instead of just ads.
I suspect that Amazon only brought back the offers temporarily during this launch period to dispel the idea that all of the "special offers" are just ads (like you pointed out) so that people might buy them for the special offers, and that the offers will die off in a month or two and won't come back until it's time to launch new Kindles. I also fear that the new offers as a whole won't be as good as the old offers. I certainly hope that I'm wrong about both of these because the old offers were good.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1210
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
I suspect that Amazon only brought back the offers temporarily during this launch period to dispel the idea that all of the "special offers" are just ads (like you pointed out) so that people might buy them for the special offers, and that the offers will die off in a month or two and won't come back until it's time to launch new Kindles. I also fear that the new offers as a whole won't be as good as the old offers. I certainly hope that I'm wrong about both of these because the old offers were good.
There were some fantastic deals on the old ones (paid for every Kindle in my account, essentially). On the other hand, fraud was rife - people were selling the coupon codes on the internet, for a while (until they started locking codes to accounts).

Bypassing the need to get a code then apply is a good idea (for them and the consumer both -- you don't lose the email and they drop support calls). However, you also don't get any notice in email with the offer or the value of the credit (which is harder to check on from the Fire itself, for most people) and you don't then have that email as a reminder - you have to remember to keep up with the document they deliver to that particular kindle, which has the end date on the offers.

Btw, today's goldbox deal is a lot of $3.99+ albums....
Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #1211
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
The old offers definitely more than paid for my Kindle and were a large part of the reason why I even bought a Kindle in the first place. Hopefully Amazon will make me excited to check for special offers again.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #1212
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Odd one on just my touch today - order it and you get a link to a 15% off coupon on some gourmet dog food.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #1213
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Well, well, well, a real Special Offer! I saw this a couple of days ago and dismissed it without looking.
Quote:
To receive the $10 Amazon.com Gift Card:

Change Your 1-Click

1. Set your default Kindle 1-Click Payment Method to your Discover card in the Manage Your Kindle section on Amazon.com, here's how.

2. Purchase one or more digital products such as Kindle content, Audible Audiobooks, MP3s, Amazon Instant Videos, Digital Games & Software, and Apps from the Amazon Appstore for Android. Gift Cards and physical goods are excluded.

3. A $10 Amazon.com Gift Card will be applied to your Amazon account within 10 business days, but in no event later than November 30, 2012.

4. Only for current owners of Kindle with Special Offers.

5. Limit 1 Gift Card ($10) per customer.

6. Offer available from September 11, 2012 12:01 a.m. (PT) through November 11, 2012 11:59 p.m. (PT).

Limit one per customer, Kindle with Special Offers owners only. Terms and Conditions apply.
Curious to know if anyone's seen this credit show up, yet.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #1214
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Curious to know if anyone's seen this credit show up, yet.
No, and it is annoying, as there is a new release I want to buy with the credit.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #1215
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I suspect it will show up on Nov 30 (although mine should be there, too).