Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #46
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
awesome collection, bar none. No problems with the title.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #47
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Sent you a PM, GJ, but am posting to that effect here, should you feel inclined to check here most often.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #48
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Sent you a PM, GJ, but am posting to that effect here, should you feel inclined to check here most often.
Thanks, I did get your PM, but it was nice of you to respond here in case I missed it.

It all looks good so will include in the new addition of this volume. I hope to be able to get it out fairly soon, one week, two at the most.

And thanks again for your support and assistance with this. So have some Karma as well.

Also thanks for all the other readers of this works (those that have commented here and all others that haven't), without you guys there wouldn't be as much fun in putting this together.

Cheers,
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:59 AM   #49
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any time, ghostyjack.

I always tell friends with Kindles to come to mobileread for anything in the public domain. People like you care more about quality than Gutenberg-transposing whores in the Amazon store ever will.

I've often thought that people on Amazon steal books from MR to charge money for the great work MR members do for free. (I hate to think of the possibility that's being done to Patricia's work.)

The least the rest of us can do is go to the source (people like you), show our appreciation and help whenever we can.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #50
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Here is the complete collection of fiction by H. P. Lovecraft that is available to the public domain.
Nice. Plays nicely with my Kobo Touch's internal ToC system. Looks quite nice, too. Thanks a lot for this!
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
JD, just to let you know, this is not the complete works of Lovecraft. There is one story that is not available in the public domain. So gj's titling of this is incorrect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #52
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh? Which story's that?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Oh? Which story's that?
I was incorrect. It was not one story, but four stories.

Quote:
Sorry

From: "jim dyer" To: Subject: C.M. Eddy, Jr. Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 01:55:40 -0500\

I noticed on your website you have some works by C.M. Eddy, Jr. The Loved Dead, The Ghosteater, Ashes, and Deaf, Dumb, and Blind. These stories were written by my grandfather. These stories are not in the public domain, my grandfather retained the rights to them after they were published in Weird Tales. Upon my grandfathers death in 1967 and grandmothers death in 1978 the rights were inherited by my mother and aunt. I am writing this on their behalf. I would ask that you honor this under the copyright law. If you have any questions feel free to get in touch with me. Thank you.

Jim Dyer

In accordance with the request of Jim Dyer, C.M. Eddy's grandson, the above mentioned stories have been removed from this site.
That is why this thread title and the title of the eBook is wrong. four stories are missing. So this cannot be a complete collection.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #54
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
It's been explained and explained and explained. Give it a rest.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
It's been explained and explained and explained. Give it a rest.
But the thread topic and the title of the omnibus is misleading and people could be thinking it really is complete when clearly it is not complete. If ghostyjack would just sort this out, the issue would be dead.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #56
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the thread topic and the title of the omnibus is misleading and people could be thinking it really is complete when clearly it is not complete. If ghostyjack would just sort this out, the issue would be dead.
And *you* are the only person that has a problem with the title. Everybody else understands that it's a complete public domain collection. It's *fully* explained in the description. Once again, give it a rest.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #57
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I was incorrect. It was not one story, but four stories.

That is why this thread title and the title of the eBook is wrong. four stories are missing. So this cannot be a complete collection.
Hmm. Don't see why the C.M. Eddy Jr. stories would be included in a Lovecraft compilation, anyways, except by accident. And they had no published co-authored works, either, 'cept for fragments of the book they were ghostwriting together for Harry Houdini...

Last edited by JD Gumby; 08-22-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #58
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Besides, the collaborations would be included in a different volume.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #59
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

From our past interactions, JS, I hope you've gleaned that I enjoy dissent and appreciate people who argue passionately for their belief in fairness. But in this particular case, you're asking an editor to adhere to a standard of completeness that might exist for you but doesn't in the rest of the publishing world. I understand your point, but being dogmatic about this one book and ignoring the same practice everywhere else isn't really fair either.

And beyond fairness, there's the fact none of you on mobileread are getting paid to create these editions. People should be encouraged for their hard work when their motives are spectacularly unmercenary.

Everyone can find reasons to hate their own output. Sometimes the most constructive thing you can do is avoid telling someone what's wrong with their work and instead praise what's right about it.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #60
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
This argument is starting to get farcical. Are you now saying, John, that you think that my compilation of Lovecraft stories written by him is misleading due to the fact I haven't included four collaboration efforts that would not have been included in this volume anyway?

If your arguments are about the fact I'm missing some copyrighted stories that are collaborations, then you could at least make the argument in the right thread.

Am I in fact missing any stories that are written by Lovecraft that are not collaborations, considered as juvenilia, poems, essays or letters?

If I am, please can you state what they are. If not, what the hell are we arguing about?

Also, I'd just like to say thank you to all those that have downloaded and enjoyed these stories, It makes me glad that they are appreciated. Without you all, this would not be as much fun as it has been.

A special thanks also needs to go to Jellby for his helpful list of corrections (I think I've got most of them included although I suspect I may have got a few wrong) and also for discovering a fantastic font that I'm including in the next version of these books.

And also to Prestidigitweeze for looking over my disclaimer page and providing a much better one than I could ever make.

My updated books are almost done, just checking about the use of "shew" instead of "show" in the stories. This has taken a lot longer than I expected as have been very busy at work (14-16 hours most days) and have been too tired to get much done.

Last edited by ghostyjack; 08-24-2011 at 12:48 PM.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote