Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #61
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Hello, my name is Tattncat, all my cell does is make calls and (under duress) text. It's approx. 8 or 9 years old. I use my Touch for everything else.
Welcome, tattncat!

Could you post a pic of your phone? I'm wondering what they looked like that long ago......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #62
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Dreams........ video? smart phone?
No, no, no.. my phone is not smart. It's just a phone. It just so happens that the screen is big and moving pictures show up really really well.

Umm, well, OK, I guess it's not a good idea to have me be refreshment chairman or treasurer.

Wait! I got it! I can be the VP! I"ll just sit back, enjoy all the perks, and not have to do anything.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #63
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
Hi all, my name is Evan and I like my phone with no cameras, please.
But alas, the world has gotten into me! No more can I find one that has none.

Um.. I do check the web if needed, mainly for train schedules or maps. Am I not qualified?
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #64
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Hello my name is MB and I cannot imagine life without my Pomegranate.

http://pomegranatephone.com/

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 11-06-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: llamas
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #65
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
No, no, no.. my phone is not smart. It's just a phone. It just so happens that the screen is big and moving pictures show up really really well.

Umm, well, OK, I guess it's not a good idea to have me be refreshment chairman or treasurer.

Wait! I got it! I can be the VP! I"ll just sit back, enjoy all the perks, and not have to do anything.
DIS.......oh wait. Do you know anything about "who did it?" Maybe we can deal.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lack View Post

Um.. I do check the web if needed, mainly for train schedules or maps. Am I not qualified?
DIS qualified!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post

DIS qualified!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #66
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post

Karma to you for this. I love the "harmonica" and coffee brewer.....
Old 11-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #67
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lack View Post

Okay........management decision.

You're in. I just have a soft heart.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #68
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
My phone is connected to the wall by a wire.
It has a rotary dial and just makes phone calls.
No camera, no text. Just calls.
However, you can beat a man to death with the handset and still order a pizza after.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:46 AM   #69
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
My phone is connected to the wall by a wire.
It has a rotary dial and just makes phone calls.
No camera, no text. Just calls.
However, you can beat a man to death with the handset and still order a pizza after.
You're in!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #70
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I have never sent a text message, and I had the texts blocked because it was costing me money to receive them.

Everyone I have seen personally use his smart phones uses them for trivial reasons. I'm not saying that they cannot be worthwhile to some people, but my observation has been that they are used as toys.

My cell phone service costs about a dollar a day. If I had a job which required me to spend $100 per month on a smartphone, I wouldn't object. But without the specific need, count me out.
As little as I use my phone, I spend about $20 every 90 days.

I have Virgin Mobile pre-paid, no data plan (although my phone claims to be able to do it, the screen's too small for that to be useful). I did splurge on a phone with a full keyboard because DH prefers to communicate by text message when we're not in the same place, being a bit of a phone-phobe, and typing texts on the number pad drives me up the wall.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #71
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Welcome, both of you to "you know where".

Interesting, PB, about your car.........we drive ours practically till the wheels fall off..I don't see the sense in a new one every couple of years.......I wonder if there is a connection there?

Do we have enough members for a quorum yet?
DH and I are also of the "drive it until it dies" school of car ownership.

We do have the fastest DSL our carrier offers, since like at least one other poster in this thread, we pretty much live online.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #72
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
As little as I use my phone, I spend about $20 every 90 days.

I have Virgin Mobile pre-paid, no data plan (although my phone claims to be able to do it, the screen's too small for that to be useful). I did splurge on a phone with a full keyboard because DH prefers to communicate by text message when we're not in the same place, being a bit of a phone-phobe, and typing texts on the number pad drives me up the wall.
You're in!
Old 11-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #73
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Hi, my name is Karen, and my phone makes and receives calls. Period. Actually it has texting capabilities and a camera, but I've never sent a text and I can count on my fingers the number of pictures I've taken - and they're all trapped in my phone because I have no way to get them out. We don't have cell service where I live, so my phone doesn't get a lot of use anyway. Oh, and as far as internet access goes, to my utter dismay the only things available here are dial-up and satellite, and getting a line of sight to the satellite is iffy at best, so I still struggle along with dial-up. If we ever get cell service up here, I'll get a smartphone with a data plan just so I can tether it to my computer for internet access!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #74
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
Yay, I'm in!
the pomegranate stuff is sick! I love the brewer part.
Honestly, do you need more in a phone? I will still bury my head in the sand of luddites' havens about this..
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:37 AM   #75
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
I had a Nokia 6310 for several years the best non smart phone I've ever had. Very sturdy built
I still use my 6210 when I need it... I still love it, but the battery was getting old, it could only hold a charge for less than a week...

Quote:
Welcome to "blah blah blah" Sweetpea. I once had my phone "drown" when bottle of water came open in my purse....it was only two weeks old. I took off the cover, let it site for a few days, and voila! It worked again!
Not once, not twice, but three times... And all three times it wouldn't come back on again. That's when I decided I needed a new one, that could withstand the water.

That's when I got this one:

Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote