Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-23-2004, 08:51 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - the Prince?

My theory:
It's Hagrid.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Some friends and I've been trying to figure this one out ourselves. However, our current (the three of us) consensuss is that it's no one from Hogwarts. Probably more, if it's a student at all, a student from one of the other schools, like the one in France or Germany that were featured in the 4th book for the Cup.

But again, we don't know squat yet.
derekweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
JKR will most likely ensure it's no-one we suspect (that's IMHO anyway )

In the meantime, I've kept myself quite busy reading Barb Purdom's very high quality book length fan fics (alternative book 5, + books 6, 7 and 0/prequel), see http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Psychic_Serpent and http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Psychic_Serpent2

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nahh... I am sure Professor Snape is the Prince!!
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Doctorow. You're evil.
Advert
Old 07-19-2005, 06:04 PM   #6
WangoCTango
WangoCTango began at the beginning.

ebook?

where can i find the ebook? ive looked and looked but all i can find is the news about there not being an ebook.
WangoCTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:39 PM   #7
derekweb
Groupie

the ebook, and they do exist, are not legal ... unfortunately. So the most you could get from us is to google for it. Good luck however, as there are probably a lot of "policers" out looking for these just to nail with lawsuits.

Also, because it's not legal to get in ebook format, you are running a fine line (as per forum rules) by asking about it here.

I wish there *were* a legal version in electronic format. I'd pounce on that purchase in a heartbeat. But Rowling and her publishers are (in my own opinion of course) a bit shortsighted on this point. Therefore I must simply agree to disagree with them on it.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #8
Scarlett27
Scarlett27 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Nahh... I am sure Professor Snape is the Prince!!
it is, as Snapes mother's maiden name was prince and she married a muggle that made snape half-blood and he adopts his mothers maiden name to call himself 'The Half-Blood Prince'.
Scarlett27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:57 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Do I understand it right, that there is no difference in text between Adult and Children's Edition besides cover art?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Do I understand it right, that there is no difference in text between Adult and Children's Edition besides cover art?
Yes, that's correct. There are differences between the US version and the UK (and other country) versions, however, including the use of interior chapter illustrations. There have been fewer content changes in the US versions in the last several volumes. (The content changes generally substituted "sneakers" for "trainers" and "sweaters" for "jumpers," etc. No plot changes.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500

I was under the impression that there are 2 different versions of HP.
One is more mature than the other one
Gosh, how wrong I was!

Thanks for clarification
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekweb
Some friends and I've been trying to figure this one out ourselves. However, our current (the three of us) consensuss is that it's no one from Hogwarts. Probably more, if it's a student at all, a student from one of the other schools, like the one in France or Germany that were featured in the 4th book for the Cup.

But again, we don't know squat yet.
The school is definitely not in Germany. No need for fur-lined clothes here. From the description it is either Finland or Russia.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote