Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Declining need to purchase from US ebookstores

I was looking over the new releases at the Oz ebookstore ReadWithPaper yesterday and noticed that Lee Child's new Jack Reacher novel 61 Hours was available in EPUB and also available at UK stores as well but not available at US stores(only audio book format).AU$22 is not cheap but at least its available. I think its the delayed release problem here and it got me thinking about the declining need for non-US people to purchase from US stores. Back catalogue titles of popular authors like Lee Child and Clive Cussler are only around AU$8 to $9 from RWP which are certainly cheap enough to not bother with US purchasing.
It the same situation with UK and Europe as most ebooks from RWP can be purchased by UK and Europe and vice versa for Oz readers with regard to UK stores.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:03 AM   #2
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
The selection has definitely got better in the UK - for me the tipping point was being able to "liberate" ePub books to be able to read them in Stanza on the iPhone. Most of the UK bookstores are ePub only, but I didn't want to buy a format that locked me to ADE. Fortunately MobileRead came to the fore with helpful hints!
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert