Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2021, 06:43 AM   #1
ka1er
ka1er began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
Firmware update preserving koreader, how?

Kobo firmware: 4.4
KSM 09
Koreader 03/21

I want to update kobo firmware ( my version is dated 2017 ) and not break koreader nor his configs. How could I do this?

Reading this forum I assume that:
Firmware update will break ksm ( as current firmware is 4.26 and ksm breaks after 4.25 ).
I can't remove ksm and use semi-automated install as works only for firmwares 4.6+.

I could also try to upgrade to 4.24 using ksm internal firmware update. Downloaded the file, but I don't know in which folder I do have to place it in order to be found by ksm update script, so I'm stuck atm.
ka1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Update the firmware and then reinstall using the One-Click installer. I don't know if I needed to reinstall KFMon, but I did that as well. The settings I had for KOReader stayed. It's that easy.

You do not need to reinstall if you are installing patches.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2021, 07:41 AM   #3
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know if I needed to reinstall KFMon, but I did that as well.
One-Click installer contains KFMon. Didn't you see this in the archive?
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #4
ka1er
ka1er began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Update the firmware and then reinstall using the One-Click installer. I don't know if I needed to reinstall KFMon, but I did that as well. The settings I had for KOReader stayed. It's that easy.

You do not need to reinstall if you are installing patches.
Thanks, it worked. Kfmon is present, the device boots directly to nickel and then I could launch koreader/plato.
ka1er is offline   Reply With Quote