Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #601
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
For me it not works.
Stand-by statement appears for less than 1 sec and then it vanishes.
After this touchscreen is still active and AuraHD is not in stand-by mode but only with frontlight off.
I had this same problem. I fixed it by opening \.kobo\\koreader\frontend\ui\uimanager.lua in notepad++ and changing the following at (changed lines 300 and 303) the end of the file from;
Code:
			input_event == "Suspend" then
				UIManager:show(InfoMessage:new{
					text = _("Standby"),
					timeout = 1,
				})
				Device:prepareSuspend()
				UIManager:scheduleIn(0.5, function() Device:Suspend() end)
			elseif (input_event == "Power" and Device.screen_saver_mode) or
			input_event == "Resume" then
				Device:Resume()
			else
				self:sendEvent(input_event)
			end
		end
	end
end
to;

Code:
			input_event == "Suspend" then
				UIManager:show(InfoMessage:new{
					text = _("Standby"),
					timeout = 4,
				})
				UIManager:scheduleIn(2, function() Device:Suspend() end)
			elseif (input_event == "Power" and Device.screen_saver_mode) or
			input_event == "Resume" then
				Device:Resume()
			else
				self:sendEvent(input_event)
			end
		end
	end
basically the timeout & scheduleIn value are increased.
Hope this helps.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #602
Fabry
Enthusiast
Fabry doesn't litterFabry doesn't litter

Device: AuraHD
It not seems to work.

Initially and strangely it has worked, but now it isn't working anymore, only statement "stand-by" that remains for more seconds but then it vanishes as before and touch still usable.

EDIT: I have had another two cases where it has worked. Sometime it works but more often times it not works

Last edited by Fabry; 10-01-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Fabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #603
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
For me it not works.
Stand-by statement appears for less than 1 sec and then it vanishes.
After this touchscreen is still active and AuraHD is not in stand-by mode but only with frontlight off.
I have a glo, and am reading epubs, standby working fine.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #604
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
I have the feeling that standby starts misbehaving when resume is triggered before the value in "scheduleIn" is reached, so I'd try to lower it, rather than increasing it. The only problems I had happened when I was playing crazily with sleep cover and power button together, something a user should not be prone to do.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #605
Fabry
Enthusiast
Fabry doesn't litterFabry doesn't litter

Device: AuraHD
I have now tried
Code:
	timeout = 2,
				})
				UIManager:scheduleIn(0.25, function() Device:Suspend() end)
But it NOT works.

I slide the button and then I do nothing, but it not goes to stand-by (only statement for 2 secs)

Last edited by Fabry; 10-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Fabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #606
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I'm sorry for this kind of issues, I have to revise the instructions on the first post and the installation process overall - it should be sufficient to manually copy koreader.png in the kobo before installing koreader. I'll move the image out of KoboRoot.tgz to simplify doing that, and I'll add a README to the nightly builds to avoid this kind of issue, as soon as suspend support is done.
After a factory reset I've tried to install Koreader again following your intructions , and it's working like a charm now. Hard to beleive I was so mindless before each time...

Standby works fine on Kobo Mini. Thanks!
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #607
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
After a factory reset I've tried to install Koreader again following your intructions , and it's working like a charm now. Hard to beleive I was so mindless before each time...

Standby works fine on Kobo Mini. Thanks!
which build did you install?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #608
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Suspend was giving me the same problems, the message would popup then go away and the pages could be turned, so not in suspend mode.

I changed the "timeout = 1" to timeout=0 and it works with just a screen refresh and then it is in suspend mode. Don't need a temporary message anyway.

Luck;
Ken

PS; I am really liking this "no message" version of suspend. You could call it "Locking the screen" as you have the whole page display that isn't effected by any touching of the screen. Also, it is really fast, you just get a screen refresh and your screen is locked. The same coming out of suspend. It's just a quick flick of the slide switch.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-02-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #609
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
which build did you install?
It's build 545.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #610
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Another problem I have forgot to highlight is the accented vowels on dictionary.

For example, words like "perché" (Why/Because in italian) or "città" (city in italian) are shown as "perch\u00e9" and "citt\u00e0".

Stardict problem or koreader font rendering problem on dictionary ?
See: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/252
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #611
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's build 545.
many thanks, time to update my Mini then :-)
Old 10-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #612
paola
Wizard

I am having problems with the landscape function on my Mini with build 545 (my firmware is 2.6.1): first of all, while reading in landscape mode, every now and then the device just reboots (it seems totally random); secondly, trying to put the book back in portrait mode from inside Koreader also triggers a reboot.
Also, I thought the dictionary function was working, but I cannot use it: I can select a word (indeed, whole lines and groups of lines), but nothing happens.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #613
Mike76
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hmm, I've experienced a weird problem. I have a clean install of KoboLauncher and Koreader on my Mini. Everything works fine except one thing: 'Library/Books' menu automatically starts Koreader. It's not a problem for me (I'm not using the native KEPUB or EPUB reader at all), but would be an issue for others.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #614
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Hmm, I've experienced a weird problem. I have a clean install of KoboLauncher and Koreader on my Mini. Everything works fine except one thing: 'Library/Books' menu automatically starts Koreader. It's not a problem for me (I'm not using the native KEPUB or EPUB reader at all), but would be an issue for others.
This means nickel didn't process completely the file. To fix this, rename the "koreader" folder to something else, like "koreader2"; then open koreader.png with nickel. This prevents koreader to start and enables nickel to process the file thoroughly. When this is done, it should be sufficient to rename the folder back to "koreader".
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #615
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Giorgio, here is a list of things that I consider would make koreader perfect:

A battery icon.
Being able to set a timeout to suspend.
More control of margins.

It is already great, and very stable, many thanks for all the effort that you have put into it.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote