Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #8566
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
Gosh, nothing on the first page works for my wife's account on Rakuten/Kobo Japan... Have they adopted the same policy as for Italy?

Here in Italy there is no possibility to buy an Italian book with any discount code... there are not even the contests!
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #8567
Raquel
Enthusiast
Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Raquel can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geco View Post
Gosh, nothing on the first page works for my wife's account on Rakuten/Kobo Japan... Have they adopted the same policy as for Italy?

Here in Italy there is no possibility to buy an Italian book with any discount code... there are not even the contests!
I don't know about the situation in Italy, but Rakuten/Kobo seems to only accept Rakuten Japan's coupons.
No foreign codes, including contest codes, works now.

These are working codes.

35%OFF:Comeback3cl86
25%OFF:Comeback3cl23、Comeback6sq52
20%OFF:kobobirthday14
500yen off: Kobojp

Rakuten frequently gives us 20 - 30% off coupons, so if you buy at Japanese store, you often need to check their homepage's top banner.

Last edited by Raquel; 06-25-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Raquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #8568
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo's been working on their site as we've seen the past few days, but take a look tonight. One book I clicked 'view details' gives a bunch of author information. I clicked 'add to library' thinking I was getting a free book, it's not in my library so not sure what that function is supposed to do. Even their tab icon has changed. It'll be interesting to see what else has changed. [please do NOT let it be multi-tabbing]

ETA so far that's the only book I've come across with the 'view details' beside the book icon. Maybe it has to do with the 'Writing Life' feature?

Last edited by Blue2u; 06-25-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #8569
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I clicked 'add to library'
Me, too, and nothing happened, apart from it said "added to library". Definitely wasn't anywhere to be found in my account.

Can't test the multi-tabbing till the beginning of July, when my wish list renews

Oh, yes, and the next contest puts out some good codes, with generous people on this forum.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #8570
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Nothing happens when I add a preview to my library. It's the only way I can tell if it's Adobe or kepub. I hope they fix it.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #8571
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Nothing happens when I add a preview to my library. It's the only way I can tell if it's Adobe or kepub. I hope they fix it.
Adding preview still works as normal for me.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #8572
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Both adding a preview and adding a free book works for me using chrome and dolphin browsers on my phone.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #8573
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Adding preview works for me on chrome too.

I'm trying to use the kobosta1406 code on the UK site but for the life of me I can't find anywhere to enter the code even if the book seems to be a non-agency book.
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #8574
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Adding a preview still works generally in Firefox.

Maybe it is something to do with that book or the 'Writing Life' feature as you suggest Blue2u
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #8575
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@melonsoda, does your screen look like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new_checkout.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	124631  

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 06-25-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:30 PM   #8576
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
@melonsoda, does your screen look like this?
Thank you so much for your screenshot!

I think I know what the issue is now. It was on the second tab after clicking on "next" instead of the first tab which I was expecting rofl. (I thought clicking on "next" would lead me right to the payment page like it always did on my version, but no excuse for the dumbness LOL ).

Thank you once again!
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #8577
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Okay, glad that's sorted

So, for your future info, you're using the 'new' checkout. Some countries, and different browsers (eg IE9) still use the old checkout which looks and works differently. (Don't worry about the old browser if you don't have to)
Old 06-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #8578
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Kobo's been working on their site as we've seen the past few days, but take a look tonight. One book I clicked 'view details' gives a bunch of author information. I clicked 'add to library' thinking I was getting a free book, it's not in my library so not sure what that function is supposed to do. Even their tab icon has changed. It'll be interesting to see what else has changed. [please do NOT let it be multi-tabbing]

ETA so far that's the only book I've come across with the 'view details' beside the book icon. Maybe it has to do with the 'Writing Life' feature?
That page is a "Kobo Collection". I think the idea is to people can create a list of books with some comments and other information. In this case, it is a page of information about the the author rather than one book. The "Add to library" is adding the collection to your library. The only way I can see to access this is from the Kobo app on the iPad. That has a "Kobo Collections" section in the library. I'm sure I have seen this on the e-ink devices at some time, but it isn't there now. I assume the Android app and the Arc devices will show them.

Another example of a collection is Kobo Next. That's just a selection of books they think people should buy from them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:43 AM   #8579
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That page is a "Kobo Collection". I think the idea is to people can create a list of books with some comments and other information. In this case, it is a page of information about the the author rather than one book. The "Add to library" is adding the collection to your library. The only way I can see to access this is from the Kobo app on the iPad. That has a "Kobo Collections" section in the library. I'm sure I have seen this on the e-ink devices at some time, but it isn't there now. I assume the Android app and the Arc devices will show them.

Another example of a collection is Kobo Next. That's just a selection of books they think people should buy from them.
Seems like a good explanation, I've just never come across it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
I don't know about the situation in Italy, but Rakuten/Kobo seems to only accept Rakuten Japan's coupons.

These are working codes.

Rakuten frequently gives us 20 - 30% off coupons, so if you buy at Japanese store, you often need to check their homepage's top banner.
Add 50% off: SAV50 still worked tonight for me also.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:26 AM   #8580
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel View Post

These are working codes.

Thanks Raquel, I'll tell my wife to check.
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals