Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
neokindle
neokindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Browser is not working

Hi

This is my first post here, I have had my kindle for a few days, its the 3g version in the UK.

The browser worked on on the first day, but then on day 2 it kind of got stuck on NYtimes website where I had to just wait for it to catch up and then go to the home menu

Now i tried it again and for any website and page I get the same messages

"the browser cannot access this web site" I am using 3G i havent set up my wireless yet

Any ideas, I have updated to 3.0.3 too but the issue was there before the update so nothings changed. The update reset the thing too so not sure what else I can do

Waseem
neokindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Reboot it. Slide and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds. It should restart at this point.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
neokindle

OK i have tried that loads of times will try again
Old 10-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
neokindle

nope tried re-booting still not working , getting slightly peeved now lol
Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Have you only been trying today? It might be that the Whispernet proxy servers are having issues. If so, leave it until tomorrow?
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
neokindle

well only seen this problem today... anyway i will leave it time for bed anyway , you know how it is when you got something and it doesnt work properly

I will re-post in the morning ,

Wireless is set up and working .... 3G not will see if it works tommorow if not then will take it from there

Last edited by neokindle; 10-20-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
Stemak
Stemak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have the exact same problem on my 3g in the UK.... and the key was the auto update from 3.0.1 (which was working fine) to 3.0.2 ...... a restart and 3.0.3 has failed to fix it. Although strangely I can still access Kindle store, but all websites get the 'browser can't access this website' message.
Stemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
Tiersten
Guru

What happens if you go to Wikipedia?

Are your Amazon accounts registered to a UK address? Maybe you're hitting the browsing restrictions since some countries don't have the ability to browse anything that isn't the Kindle store or Wikipedia.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Wachepti
Wachepti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
Hey, I'm having this problem as well. I can visit the Kindle Store, but no websites (google, wikipedia, amazon, etc.). I've rebooted the Kindle(using the 15-second reboot) several times but no luck.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Wachepti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
TSV
TSV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Hello from Russia. The same problem. No google, no wikipedia, absolutely nothing except Kindle Store. I strongly hope that's just temporary problem with Amazon proxy.

P.S. my firmware version 3.0.2
TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
Tiersten
Guru

The firmware version shouldn't affect what sites you can access. At least not in the manner everybody is experiencing.

I'd just leave it until tomorrow and see if it gets fixed. You should at minimum be able to access the Kindle store and Wikipedia.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
TSV
TSV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Good news! Now my 3g works again!
TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #13
Wachepti
Wachepti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
Same here. Weird. I'm glad it's fixed.
Wachepti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
Tiersten
Guru

I guess its the proxy servers that were at fault. Good that it is fixed for everybody.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #15
neokindle

Ok mine is working this morning had to re-boot again though so all is well , for the record the 3.0.3 has speeded up the menu for me