Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
I've made an interactive English tutorial on how to use pbchess. You can download it here:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/content.html (How to use pbchess (a chess book that you can open in pbchess) - please learn it first.)

and open in pbchess. Excuse me my English

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 10-27-2011 at 01:53 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

pbchess-1.2.3

Good day!

pbchess-1.2.3 is released!

What's new:

1. Support for bitmap sets of figures.

For example:

Spoiler:

2. It is possible to add your own set of figures to the program from now (truetype or bitmap)!

3. Now all settings + user interface language! (except the license) are available from the settings dialog (no need to edit pbchess.cfg);

4. Fixed problems with opening some chess bases. More training materials will be added in a few days!

5. Fixed bug with switching engine (thanks to sergvoloshyn);

6. Fixed some bugs with displaying the names of players;

7. The following hot-keys are added:

"o" - open base;
"s" - open settings dialog;
"h" - history;
"q" - quit;
"space" - redraw the screen.

8. Completed translation to German (thanks berpdreyfuss) and Hungarian (thanks Kindlevarazs).
Old 11-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Chess combinations collection for pbchess by Sergey Ivashenko - completed!

Chess combinations collection for pbchess by Sergey Ivashenko - completed!

You can download it here: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/content.html

More than 1000 chess problems at of the different levels of complexity, beginning from the most simple! The tasks gradually become more complex. Problem book is ideal for someone who wants to learn from scratch to play chess (including children from 6 years), and for people who already have some playing experience. This book also can be useful by the advanced players, if you want to stretch a little (not overloading), the brain before the game, interviews, competitions, etc., these problems - perfect choise!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
mmcboy
mmcboy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX and kindle 3g
Smile Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing!
mmcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #20
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

English tutorial

Hi!

English tutorial to pbchess was broken. It has been fixed today. Please, download and try it again who is interested.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #21
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess English forum

Hi!

I've made an English forum for pbchess:

http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewforum.php?f=3

Please subscribe at lease to "Project news" and "Bug reports" topics to be up to date with the latest infirmation.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess-1.2.4 for Kindle 2, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle 4 !

Hi!

pbchess-1.2.4 for Kindle 2, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle 4 released!

New:

1. Move to CDB format for chess bases (own format); PGN is also supported;
2. Working with table of contents for chess books (TOC);
3. Spanish localization supported;
4. A lot of new chess training materials!
5. Possibility to reset solved chess puzzles;
6. Possibility to start a new game from the current position;
7 ... and many other new features!

Also user manual is updated!

Look for new chess training materials on our site: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 04-26-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #23
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess-1.2.5

Hi!

The new version - 1.2.5 of pbchess is available for testing!

See our testing page: http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=177

The main improvements are:

1. Game with time controls. There are several type of time controls: game time + bonus (for human and engines), move time (for engines), search depth (for engines); You can add your own time controls!
2. Puzzles statistics. The time and number of fails are collected for each solved puzzle. You can now see your statistics (total, average time, total, average fails, etc); you also can find the worst puzzle in the whole database, reset it and solve it again!
3. Various operations with moves / variants: delete moves before, delete moves after, promote variation, move variation (top, bottom, up, down), delete variation;
4. Show which turn to move and various other board settings;
5. A very comfortable layout system which allows to very quickly change visual components proportions (header, board, notation). You also can add your own layouts!
6. Engine vs engine playing mode!
7. Export current game to PGN format
8. Kindle Touch gestures improvement;
9. Pawn promotion dialog;
10. NAG initial support (show $1 as !, $2 as ?, ... etc);
11. Chess problems with multiple solutions;
12. Possibility to suspend/resume engines and to make moves instead of them.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #24
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks very much, I will test it soon!!
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #25
schachlied
schachlied began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.1
Hey, guys. I know this is likely not the right thread to post this. I'm not computer savvy, but I can play chess (>2200 at one time). I'm looking for a pain-free way to be able to download and use a pgn chess file on my old Kindle 3.1. What I'm trying to do is study the old-fashioned way with a set and board, and use my kindle like a real book...or similar to printing a few pages of pgn text file. I'm trying to be eco-friendly. If it shows diagrams (i.e, annotated pgn games), that's even better. But my main quest is how to read pure pgn text on my Kindle. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
schachlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #26
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachlied View Post
Hey, guys. I know this is likely not the right thread to post this. I'm not computer savvy, but I can play chess (>2200 at one time). I'm looking for a pain-free way to be able to download and use a pgn chess file on my old Kindle 3.1. What I'm trying to do is study the old-fashioned way with a set and board, and use my kindle like a real book...or similar to printing a few pages of pgn text file. I'm trying to be eco-friendly. If it shows diagrams (i.e, annotated pgn games), that's even better. But my main quest is how to read pure pgn text on my Kindle. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
Hm ... Actually PGN is usual text file. You can try just rename it from file.pgn to file.txt. I think your kindle should display this text file.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #27
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess-1.2.5 for K2/K3/KDX, K4 is ready

pbchess-1.2.5 for K2/K3/KDX, K4 is ready! You can download it on my site:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/index.html
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #28
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
What I really really want, nope not a spelling mistake but a spice girls quotation - - is --

to be able to follow previous world class games of chess.

But if I only want it - don't bother - if more than 50 people want this - then could you please consider this option.
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 AM   #29
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
sergeyvl12

Any way to put it on without the reconfiguring?
I try not to look under the hood.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #30
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12345 View Post
What I really really want, nope not a spelling mistake but a spice girls quotation - - is --

to be able to follow previous world class games of chess.

But if I only want it - don't bother - if more than 50 people want this - then could you please consider this option.
peter12345,

Thanks for feedback!

For now we have

"Pearls from chess history, annotated in English, Italian and Spanish"

In our training materials

(http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/contents.html)

I can add more world class games. You can do it too because pbchess understands PGN format.

So, I'll try to find games and add to our training materials!