Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
MIROAD new device -- is the verdict in yet?

A pal of mine in the UK was sent a Miroad ebook-dedicated reading device by a buddy in China, where the reader is manufactured (hardly unusual, is that) and where it was introduced and seems to be taking off big-time. I believe it's now available in the US for well under $150.

But my Scottish friend is a technodunce (a bit like wot I am) who has never experienced an ebook before and can't tell me much about it because he's still a tad baffled by it all.

From what little there is on the net, it seems like a neatly designed 5" e-ink machine, non wi-fi, and capable of handling several formats. But that's all I know.

Wonder if anyone here has bought one, reviewed one, tested one, seen one ... or even heard of the MIREAD?

Thaniks for any feedback, chums. 'Twould be much appreciated. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
TooToxic
TooToxic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Angry Junk!

It's not that your friend is a technodunce. This alleged eReader doesn't seem to do anything it claims to. My friend bought one. I'm sitting here with it now. The users manual is worthless, even if you read Chinese. The main menus are in English, but when you click on an item, the details are in Chinese. It looks like the reviews on websites like Dinodirect.com are bogus. Some of them appear to be c&p's from reviews of the Sony eReader. My friend tried to return it, but was unable to contact customer service and is now stuck with it. I have a Kindle and love it, BTW.
TooToxic is offline   Reply With Quote