Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
KASbooks
KASbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Source Code Formats - All Missing!

Hello all!

So here I am, deciding to create a library that will consist of the content of my Nook in .mobi format, rather than my .epubs, when I get an error:

"Cannot convert book(s) because no suitable source format was found"

What?!?!

I started selecting random books and looking at the metadata, and I see that NONE of my books have the .epub format assigned to them! They did yesterday!!

The only difference between then and now is that I changed my library path to my Dropbox. Now my library is synced with my Dropbox, but all the files have dropped the .epub format.

I ran the Quality Check plug in to look for missing formats, and it came back with a list of, well, everything!

I need to know 1) what the heck happened, and 2) how can I reassign the .epub format to the whole business without having to open each individual book's metadata and then browse to the book to assign?

Please tell me there's a way to fix this. I also shared my Dropbox/Nook folder with some people, and one has said that her iPad is giving her an error saying it is 'unable to read epub format'.

Help help help!!!

Kas
KASbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
KASbooks

Okay, so here's a little update -

Although I had re-run the welcome wizard in calibre yesterday, and changed my library path to my Dropbox (and everything synced), today, the path had changed back to the old path. For some reason, that caused all the formats to drop. I re-ran the wizard and changed the path back to the Dropbox again, and lo and behold, the formats are back.

Now I'm converting blocks of books into mobi, and they are auto-syncing to Dropbox, but.....it is causing more than one folder for each book to appear.

For example:

Dead Scared by S.J. Bolton. There's a folder that contains the epub, and a second folder that contains the epub AND the mobi. Will the Find Duplicates plug in fix this issue?

Thanks!
Kas
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASbooks View Post
Okay, so here's a little update -

Although I had re-run the welcome wizard in calibre yesterday, and changed my library path to my Dropbox (and everything synced), today, the path had changed back to the old path. For some reason, that caused all the formats to drop. I re-ran the wizard and changed the path back to the Dropbox again, and lo and behold, the formats are back.

Now I'm converting blocks of books into mobi, and they are auto-syncing to Dropbox, but.....it is causing more than one folder for each book to appear.

For example:

Dead Scared by S.J. Bolton. There's a folder that contains the epub, and a second folder that contains the epub AND the mobi. Will the Find Duplicates plug in fix this issue?

Thanks!
Kas
Changing OS or File servers (Dropbox) can cause Filename Case problems like you see. MyAuthor and Myauthor or myauthor are different folder names to some OS (not to Windows )
The 'Repair' function may fix the path name issues... Then you need to fix those duplicates you have added.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
KASbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Changing OS or File servers (Dropbox) can cause Filename Case problems like you see. MyAuthor and Myauthor or myauthor are different folder names to some OS (not to Windows )
The 'Repair' function may fix the path name issues... Then you need to fix those duplicates you have added.
Thanks, Duck! I will try that and let you know what happens!

Kas