Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Kevin2088
Enthusiast
Kevin2088 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
MaxGuard eReader Jacket and WaterGuard Waterproof Case from TrendyDigital

Hi Community:
Here are two new kindle 2 cases that are worth for taking a look.
Both cases are from trendydigital.com. Here are the brief information:

The MaxGuard eReader Jacket is designed to maximize accessibility and surface protection. Several unique design elements have been introduced into this jacket. The sure-fit compartment houses the Kindle 2 securely while allowing easy access to power switch, headphone jack, USB/Power port and charger indicator. The housing compartment encloses the unit. This maximizes the protection on the whole unit while preserving the sleek & trim presentation of Kindle 2. The side button protectors are stamped into the case and provide custom fit protection and easy access to the navigation buttons on both sides of the Kindle 2. The jacket has a notepad pocket at the side to keep a small notepad handy. The grip band in the back of MaxGuard eReader Jacket further secures the device while reading or traveling.

The WaterGuard Waterproof Case guards against any wet environment that Kindle 2 might be exposed to. It is a perfect companion when you bring your Kindle for beach reading. It provides great protection when you get stuck in a rainstorm or accidentally drop you bag in a wet surface. When using the WaterGuard case, the Kindle 2 can be slipped directly into the WaterGuard pocket and the transparent surface provides easy interaction with the keyboard and navigation buttons.

The MaxGuard eReader Jacket is available in amazon.com.
TrendyDigital MaxGuard eReader Jacket
and at www.trendydigital.com.

Here are some images for the products. More product images are available at www.trendydigital.com.

MaxGuard eReader Jacket for Amazon Kindle 2

WaterGuard Waterproof Case for Kindle 2

Kevin2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Kevin2088
Enthusiast

Hi community, for full disclosure. I am affiliated with trendydigital.com.
If you have feedback on the case here, I will share with the company and see improvement in the future version. Thanks for your time and enjoy your Kindle device.
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Any chances of you guys doing something similar for the tremendously popular Sony line of Readers?
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Any chance of moving the sure-fit compartment to the right side of the cover? Most (maybe all) of the available covers hold the Kindle on the right side - so that it opens and reads like a book.

Like the strap for secure holding!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
Kevin2088
Enthusiast

I would like to explain why the unit is housed in the left side of this case.
Most people are right handed. By housing the kindle in the left side and holding it with the left hand, it is easier to use the right hand to write something in the notepad or navigate the keyboard or buttons.
The downside is that the design won't benefit left handed people as much as right handed people. However, we do intend to produce another version of the case that has the Kindle housed in the right side of the case.
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Kevin2088
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_mread View Post
Any chances of you guys doing something similar for the tremendously popular Sony line of Readers?
I will forward the request to trendydigital and let them look into this.
There are 2 versions of sony reader out there ( PRS-700 and PRS-505). Which version you have?
what is the features list you wish for the Sony reader's Jacket?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2088 View Post
However, we do intend to produce another version of the case that has the Kindle housed in the right side of the case.
You should see if you can produce a symmetrical case so that the same case can be flipped over and use either way. This would reduce your manufacturing costs and also may right handed people will probably want to use it in their right hand also.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I think it is a nice cover. Though I do not get why you would want or need a note pad?
Also is not really going to appeal to anyone that has invested in a skin for the Kindle but I am sure a lot of people (and by people, I mean mostly men) will love it. It just has a very masculine feel to me. Trust me, I like a masculine feel, but in a different context !
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
Kevin2088
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You should see if you can produce a symmetrical case so that the same case can be flipped over and use either way. This would reduce your manufacturing costs and also may right handed people will probably want to use it in their right hand also.

BOb
Good Idea and will think about how that can be implemented.

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octochick View Post
I think it is a nice cover. Though I do not get why you would want or need a note pad?
for me:
- quotes I want to remember
- interesting words or concepts I want to look up online
- websites I want to check out
- ideas inspired by what I just read

AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
for me:
- quotes I want to remember
- interesting words or concepts I want to look up online
- websites I want to check out
- ideas inspired by what I just read

Yeah but I thought you could do most of that on your kindle?
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Yeah but I thought you could do most of that on your kindle?
I have a Sony 505.

Currently, I've been using the bookmark feature
then going through my bookmarks later and writing
the info down.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Also is not really going to appeal to anyone that has invested in a skin for the Kindle but I am sure a lot of people (and by people, I mean mostly men) will love it. It just has a very masculine feel to me. Trust me, I like a masculine feel, but in a different context !
I have been known to attend meetings that just required my butt in a chair, and have found that I can more often than not happily with my kindle. There are a few times however that I may want to look just a tad more involved in the activities and flopping the kindle over (I have a Medge right now) and writing away on the piece of paper I have stuck in that pocket for just that need makes me look totally legit !
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Nice...I might buy a waterproof case since your site says it fits the Kindle 1. Have you tested it on the Kindle 1?

My mom mentioned that she switches back to pbooks when she wants to read in the tub.

My only concern is that since the Kindle 2 is much thinner, how tight is the fit for a Kindle 1? My concern is that it would cause a lot of accidental page turning on the Kindle 1 if there is much pressure on the keys.

(I assume that you will need to have your book selected before putting it in the case as the scroll wheel would be non-functional or hard to use)
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2088 View Post
I will forward the request to trendydigital and let them look into this.
There are 2 versions of sony reader out there ( PRS-700 and PRS-505). Which version you have?
what is the features list you wish for the Sony reader's Jacket?
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for forwarding the request to them... I have a PRS-505... I'm sure they'd sell a number of them perhaps to people on MobileRead..

Nothing really special, the specs for the Kindle one look quite nice. Although some of the comments and suggestions (especially the symmetrical case) in this thread if incorporated would be perfect..

Thanks!
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote